Favorite meal on return from fishing trip

medwaygreen

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those slow cookers are a marvel. Chuck in whatever you fancy before you go fishing and when you get back starving, you walk in the house and you can smell ( I like a brown stew with dumplings in, in the winter ) It's ready for devouring straight away.

They are Ideal if you go self catering in Ireland for instance. I prepared all the veg the night before, chucked the whole lot plus the diced stewing steak, oxo's, dumplings, superb.

It certainly beats starting from scratch when you get in and are all starving to death.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

if you want to make it even better john, forget the oxos, get your meat on the bone and the stock will be much tastier!

plus theres a snack for the dog as well!

jeepster:

good to see theres anther dhansak fan, though mine is always a lamb one, i always regret getting anyother kind of curry

yes lamb dhansak as well jeeps magic!

your the only other person i know enjoys eating dhansak. if i`m out for a meal with mates they ask what would you like i reply dhansak!

back comes reply what????? sad really they don`t know what there missing. yum,yum i`m bloody hungry now. :D

Guest Ferret1959

I remember my first Indian meal very well, chicken Bhuna off the bone.(you had the choice in those days)

I can have liquidised Indian meals now but it ain't the same.