Cast out

tiddlertamer

there are a few little ponds on waste ground a few miles from here, mainly fished by the kids as its free

i am not sure who owns the land but as a youngster i used to spend hours down there with an old fibre glass rod donated to me by my uncle catching roach and perch (i dont think there was any other species in there)

but i have heard that all fish in there have gone which people have decided is down to the polish netting them out,

which i doubt is true and is probably more down to all the crap people throw in there,

either way its a shame that the place that was a habitat for the fish and newts i caught in there as a kid probably wont be there for future generations to enjoy,

and was ruined by people who already live here but people seem to worry more about forgieners coming over here and working for 30p a day and eating all or fish raw on the banks than they worry about throwing calor gas bottles and old furniture into our ponds.

people fishing without rod license, people stealing fish for the pot or for other waters, and people not taking litter home with them and some bringing litter from home with them are what is ruining it for all of us and nothing ever seems to get done about it