Taken from behind

ayjay

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davy,

where did you see that? I saw one in Fuertaventura while looking out of a bus window.

I've been to Tenerife a time or too since and have yet to see another.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

ayjay:

The camera is a bit of a cheapo Rabster, it's a Fuji 205, cost under £90, the scope they are taken through cost about ten times that though. I'm hoping to get a better camera soon, probably a Canon A95 which seems to be fairly well suited to digiscoping.

I'm not familiar with "digiscoping" AyJay.

Can you post a link to what I'd need to get such great shots?

I bought a digi camera with 8x optical zoom, which I've been pleased with - but your pictures totally put it to shame. (Mine's an HP945)

Also, can anyone advise re. the best battery options for digi cameras?

I bought some 2700 mAh rechargeable Ni-Mh batteries & they've been totally rubbish.

The strange thing is the batteries (non-rechargeable) that came with the camera lasted months with quite heavy usage, I wish I'd kept a note of what they were before I threw them away, I've since tried some Duracell & they're just as poor as my rechargeable Ni-Mh's :( . (Just a quick edit to say I think the re-chargeables may have been rendered poor by having to wait so long to be used from me 1st charging them to needing to use them)

I'm now considering buying a docking station for my camera so it's permanantly charged.

Any comments would be appreciated.

[ 18. April 2005, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: rabster ]

Ziggy

You bin to the sea life centre or is it Lyme aquarium, I was watching the Gurnards doing their walking on the bottom thingy with their fins ..... facinating to watch.

Undulate ray ?

PS saw a hoopoe over here a few years back, apparently they are more frequent visitors than they used to be.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

erm ayjay this is a Hoopoe:

Thanks Davy, I know what they look like, just not seen one yet.

Here's a couple taken in my garden.

crowMonoc.jpg

GreenfinchR.jpg

Hiya,

sorry Ajay.. I picked you up wrong :)

John.. I never seen that particular bird, that's a pic off the web. However I did see one many years ago up here.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

BUMP the last question, i got a cheapish pentax with 3x digi zoom, but how the hell do you get piccys like that?

U need some sort of zoom right?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

rabster:

Can you post a link to what I'd need to get such great shots?

Damn! Now I've got to give you links to much better pics than mine. :D

There is lots of info here Rabster, Digicoping and also more info on this section of the Birdforum where you can obviously ask questions of people who know far more about it than I do.

If you just want to see more bird pics there's another good site here, Sue's Bird Photos which really show mine up. :o

Talking of beautiful birds....

Unfortunately at 70mph on the M40 you can't stop to photograph them. But there were over a dozen red kites around the Aylesbury stretch. stunning to look at and in display quite awe-inspiring.

These birds were extinct in Britain until they were introduced as juveniles from Scandinavia a few years ago. They certainly seem to have thrived. the link below doesn't do them justice, but is OK:

http://www.redkites.co.uk/

[ 18. April 2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Alan Stubbs ]

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Stubbs:

These birds were extinct in Britain until...........

..........not quite Alan but almost, there were just a few still left in Wales. :)

[ 18. April 2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: ayjay ]