Taken from behind

ayjay

ayjay:

ayjay:

These birds were extinct in Britain until...........

..........not quite Alan but almost, there were just a few still left in Wales. :)
Sorry, I had an Ann Robinson moment - I meant England!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Zeiss 65mm with a 15-45 zoom Steve. With hindsight I should have gone for the 85mm but I only wanted it for birdwatching when I bought it, my attempts at digiscoping are just something that I'm trying out along the way.

Rabster were the batteries that you threw out possibly Lithium batteries? I've not come across any ordinary ones that will normally last a long time with a digital camera.

I use rechargeables, but one thing to remember with them is that they don't get a full charge until they've been charged and discharged a few times. They don't hold a charge for ever either, particularly in cold weather.

It's just one more thing to think about if you buy a camera specifically for digiscoping, the Canon A95 takes standard AAA batteries which is handy if you can't get any charged up for any reason.

craynerd:

i got a cheapish pentax with 3x digi zoom, but how the hell do you get piccys like that?

U need some sort of zoom right?

You need Optical zoom. Digital zoom is often worse than nothing.

http://www.photoxels.com/article_zoom.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, sorry mate, yea its 3 x optical and something x digital.... Like u said, ive turned the digi off.

Surely those shots arent taken just with a digi camera...i`ve tried takin shots with full opti going into full digi and u cant get anywhere near enough magnification never mind quality.

So besides camera what do u need?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

craynerd:

Surely those shots arent taken just with a digi camera...i`ve tried takin shots with full opti going into full digi and u cant get anywhere near enough magnification never mind quality.

So besides camera what do u need?

Chris

craynerd:

The camera is a bit of a cheapo, it's a Fuji 205, cost under £90, the scope they are taken through cost about ten times that though.

See here for details of the method.