Pike Fishing

Charlie789

hope your tackle is up to the task in hand ? if not there is a link in my signature that leads to rod line & wire trace requirements. i like the whychwood power pike and power pro rods, they are quite affordable aswel.

Yeah im gonna get my self all the necessary kit and i have some which is up to the task.

Charlie,

PM me your address and I'll send you this book.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Pike-book-t1247580.html

That is extremely kind of you! I feel obliged to send some form of payment through paypal...?

charlie where are you from if your localish i can probably get a days fishing out of this if you want to get some experience

I live near wigton if you know where that is. Its just north of the Lake District boundry.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wigton is a bit far lol, im down the m6 between liverpool and manchester.

try the local pac

http://region5northlakes.blogspot.com/

get hold off kenny of there he doesnt post often on the blog but he may be able to help you with fishing up that end.

where you heading to uni?

Until you have made your 15th post, you will not be able to send or receive PMs.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Totally agree mate where ever did it come from in the first place!

I've no idea Budgie. I think it's an 'out of sight, out of mind' and 'less is more' and 'the tidier, the better' type of ideas that has come about without any real thought being put into it. There's no doubt, it's tidier but it's completely mad and extremely annoying to try and deal with.

I've got a pair of long-nose, curved pliers, well over a foot long and I sometimes can't get enough leverage on a pair of trebles, because they've been cut so short and it usually ends up with a pair of forceps locked on the trebles, so they can be retrieved, should they disappear while working on them or while the fish has a breather, a pair of pliers up through the gill-flap and a air of wire cutters in through the other gill-flap.

People ask me, "why all the pliers and forceps?"

I almost never need them for fish I've caught but I think it's my duty as a pike angler to do my utmost best to retrieve any tackle from a fish.

I think I mentioned once having worked on an emaciated fish that had somewhere in the region of a dozen trebles, various bits of wire, the odd snap-link here, the odd, slip-shot there (who knows?) and about 30 feet of tightly coiled mono in it's throat and gut. That fish went to and from the water half a dozen times and I was nearly as knackered as it was by the time I was done and eventually, it swam off. My mat looked like a scene from ER. Pure starvation and survival instinct must have driven this fish to take one more bait before it died and some weeks later, I caught it again and it had piled the weight on.

That's what all the pliers and forceps are for..... ;)

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I think I mentioned once having worked on an emaciated fish that had somewhere in the region of a dozen trebles, various bits of wire, the odd snap-link here, the odd, slip-shot there (who knows?) and about 30 feet of tightly coiled mono in it's throat and gut. That fish went to and from the water half a dozen times and I was nearly as knackered as it was by the time I was done and eventually, it swam off. My mat looked like a scene from ER. Pure starvation and survival instinct must have driven this fish to take one more bait before it died and some weeks later, I caught it again and it had piled the weight on.

That's what all the pliers and forceps are for..... ;)

Good on ya lad! If i could give you a biscuit i would :)