Attacked In My Bivvy

Elton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant, simply brilliant! I haven't laughed so much in ages. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now, if only there had been photo's....

Janet

Janet, there would have been if the camera hadn't been in my trouser pocket.

Still, had I been even half-way competent I could at least have had a water ski-ing lesson.

As an aside, I can confirm that it was one of the original strain rather than the recently introduced Simmo's - you could tell.... the originals fight. Landing a Simmo feels like catching a carrier bag full of silt.

I have a few pictures I wanted to post, but haven't gotten my head around the 'how-to's' yet. Nothing special in terms of size, just a tench, bream and roach I've had recently and which gave me real pleasure and show just how healthy the water is...they are immaculate fish.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Terry - fess up now. You tossed the rabbit in for want of a squirrel after being inspired by that Ray Stevens tale.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Terry - fess up now. You tossed the rabbit in for want of a squirrel after being inspired by that Ray Stevens tale.

I wouldn't inflict Elton on any sort of innocent rodent, Newt. I'm sure that poor rabbit will shortly need counseling, too, and I'll thank you to keep your frivolous badinage to yourself. I'm trying to have a serious fishing conversation here. Now then.

*Gets all huffy and stuff*

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I do believe my account is not being taken entirely seriously. :huh:

*Sigh*

Oh, but it is, sir.

The multi-disciplinary educational opportunities are under deep consideration.

Construction, dance, home economics, ecological studies all in the one piece. Oh, yeah...how to be a drama queen as well. :D

Oh, but it is, sir.

The multi-disciplinary educational opportunities are under deep consideration.

Construction, dance, home economics, ecological studies all in the one piece. Oh, yeah...how to be a drama queen as well. :D

Damned by the faintest of praise and no mistake!

I'm feeling quite giddy with the stress of it all. I may have to sip a warm Babycham or something.

Damned by the faintest of praise and no mistake!

I'm feeling quite giddy with the stress of it all. I may have to sip a warm Babycham or something.

Perhaps Elton's got a supply in. I usually have a hip flask with either Edradour or Famous Grouse - for use in medical emergencies - usually bought on by my lack of culinary skills.

Brilliant, simply brilliant! I haven't laughed so much in ages. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now, if only there had been photo's....

Janet

I managed to download this from one of the Wingham webcams archives, but it's before the action with the wabbit (I'm still searching for that).

3824322386_5748277a8b.jpg

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Perhaps Elton's got a supply in. I usually have a hip flask with either Edradour or Famous Grouse - for use in medical emergencies - usually bought on by my lack of culinary skills.

We're like sooo off the booze right now, me an' Murph, Two clean living coves with a sparkle in our eye and nothing untoward in our trousers.

A veritable brace of choirboys, that's us. ;)