Braided cast connector breaking

Jim Murray

Some do at both ends as well!!!!

The Nail Knot is a good alternative And no more fiddley than tying droppers or making taperd cast One thing you can try is turn over a short section of tip and whip it to its self to form a loop finnish this whipping off with UV reactive glue, the type that you patch your waders with. its not brilliant for wieght forward floating lines over a 5wt as the loop can be a bit bulky but for Ghost tip and clear intermidiates its great because the loop is invisible once in the water.

Greg some of the dearer lines have a Mono core These days, would your method work on these I like the sound of it?

Hi

Braided loops can be a problem. One of the very neatest, easy and strong loops is - 1. use a whipping tool 2. form a loop in the fly line of about 2" 3. Use 12 lbs nylon and make a whip finish of at least 6 turns 4. Thread line loop into whipping tool and slid whip onto doubled line 5. Repeat again about 1/2" away and trim ends 6. Finish with super glue. I promise you this will not slip! Tarpon fishers are doing this in Florida!

Andros

Andros, I know the method works its what I sugessted earlier in the thread but the thing is What dosn't scare a Tarpon will startle a 1/2 lb wild chalk stream brown Trout hence my bulky remark, It is a great method all the same and I use it all the time for salt water fishing.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic