Do we not have an Ashes thread?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Collingwood only managed 7, but I would have dropped Bell, and played him and Anderson..

Come on England!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I think they can Chris, and a score of 400 or thereabouts will put the pressure on.... rain tomorrow aparently....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I think 350 to 360 is going to be the target.

Another excellent performance for Warne (it has to be said) and Strauss played as well as any batsman this summer.

I think the umpiring again has let this innings down though, because the LBW (as chris said) was possibly a bit dubious BUT the aussies did have what looked like two pretty good and valid catches not given (and Strauss's was a shocker to not be given).

EVERY test match has the technology of snick, so why not allow the umpires to use it. I am not talking about a third umpire decision, but why not have an earpierce for the umpires so they can hear the stump cams realtime. Given a bit of training it is apparently easy to tell the difference between bat, pad, bat hitting ground etc. As I said, Strauss's was clearly ball on wood, and he looked so guilty the moment he did it I am amazed it wasn't given.

If the Aussies lose the ashes I suspect many complaints will be raised about technology etc - and I also suspect the Aussies probably carry enough weight within the ICC to push through some fairly radical changes.

Ian W

"If the Aussies lose the ashes I suspect many complaints will be raised about technology etc "

what a shame :D LOL

- WC Fields

Adam Gilchrist! :mad:

"aawwww nice area shayne mayte, great baawling mayte"

Dunno how long I could put up with that for with a nice big piece of willow in my hand....

- WC Fields