Sevington Lakes

Scatman

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I am planning a trip up in a couple of weeks and would appreciate ANY information!

Any recent catch reports, tactics etc greatfully received!

Thanks!

Hi I realise you made this post a while back now but I have fished this lake last week twice with a group of friends and we had good success on the lake so thought i would reply incase anyone else is looking to take a trip here :)

we fished the lake to the left hand side as you enter the lake grounds and had success in a few different places as we went for a few days in the week and had the whole lake to our selves as Sevington Lakes are mostly nice a quiet in the week so we had the freedom to cast where we liked first day we chose to fish the bigger double swim on the near side of the lake after setting up and taking a walk arround the lake we noticed fish were gathering and passing through the far opposite side of the lake by the margins and the swims opposite so we chucked a few handfulls of mixed 4mm pellets in left it about an hour then brought the rods back in and casted out to the spot we had baited up using 3 bits of real corn and a cut down artificial pop up corn as hook bait so then bait just popped up slightly from the bottom of the lake with a pva bag of the same pellet mix we baited with to accompany it and it didnt take long untill runs started. Next trip back and another few mates came along so they jumped in the double swim as they arrived first so me and another mate both fished the next swim along as we were yet again the only people on the lake we had the freedom again to cast where we liked as i was on the left i cast my rods out one just off the left hand corner of the island then the other to a slight cove to the left center of the island with slight tree cover as most of me mates went on the corn again after the success from the other day (they were still catching on it) i decided to be different and go on boilies off the bottom and had success on double source boilies that were glugged in source glug i also used a different pva bag mix this time went for a random combo of 4mm halibuts and 4mm strawberry pellets which worked one of me mates had success to on double glugged source boilie but with just 6mm halibut pellets in his bags he cast out to the right corner of the island and also the far bottom right margin on the lake had success from both locations and another mate also caught on a tiger nut pop up just off the bottom which had been glugged in tiger nut glug used a bag containing 4mm halibut pellets and crushed up tiger nut boilies he was casting out to the same spots as we were catching from on the first day he was also catching on the same corn set up we used that day with his other rod all in all a good couple of days fishing and i would recommend this lake only downside is some weeds to snag on but nothing too majour to worry about and they do offer nice cover for the fish.

hope this was not too long winded and boring to read haha and that it can be of help to anyone fishing Sevington

Gav