HONDA SEIZES AND DESTROYS FURTHER 50 KIPOR GENERATORS FOR SALE ON EBAY

Elton

To view examples of these Kipor Generators for sale - click here

I've just received this by email:

Honda has seized and destroyed a further 50 Kipor generators, after discovering the products for sale on Ebay.

The Intellectual Property Department of Honda Motor Europe Ltd. recently discovered the generators for sale on the auction site. All of the stock held by the seller was subsequently returned to Honda for destruction at HLC Swindon.

The action follows a similar disposal in June 2007, when a UK company's entire UK stock of Kipor generators was seized and destroyed by Honda, as a result of an Order from the High Court of Justice restraining Procurement (UK) Ltd. from infringing its state-of-the-art generator technology with regards to the importation and sale of certain Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd generators in the UK.

The ruling relates in particular to Honda's EU Series Generators, including model numbers EU10i and EU20i, which use technology so advanced it is the subject of patent protection including, but not limited to, European Patent (UK) No. 1 069 293.

Despite the Court Order-, stock of the models known as KGE980tc, KGE1000ti, KGE1000tsi, KGE1300tc, KGE1300tsc, KGE2000tc, KGE2000ti, KGE2000tsi, KGE3000tc, KGE3000ti and KGE3000thi continue to enter the UK.

Primarily manufactured in China and sold in the United Kingdom under the name of the manufacturer or distributor, these unlawfully imported- generators utilise Honda's patented technology without permission and therefore infringe Honda's UK patent.

Geoff Matthews, General Manager of Honda (UK) Power Equipment comments:

'As a leading global provider of generators and other power products, it is vital that we protect our patents in order to allow our R&D teams to continue to innovate for the benefit of our customers. Our products are widely regarded as among the best in the world, and we'll continue to take a strong line with any company which breaches the law in this way.'

For more information on Honda's Energy products please visit http://www.honda.co.uk/energy or call 0845 200 8000.

Ends

Some samples of cheap Kipor Generators For Sale can be seen by clicking here.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've just received this by email:

Honda has seized and destroyed a further 50 Kipor generators, after discovering the products for sale on Ebay.

The Intellectual Property Department of Honda Motor Europe Ltd. recently discovered the generators for sale on the auction site. All of the stock held by the seller was subsequently returned to Honda for destruction at HLC Swindon.

The action follows a similar disposal in June 2007, when a UK company's entire UK stock of Kipor generators was seized and destroyed by Honda, as a result of an Order from the High Court of Justice restraining Procurement (UK) Ltd. from infringing its state-of-the-art generator technology with regards to the importation and sale of certain Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd generators in the UK.

The ruling relates in particular to Honda's EU Series Generators, including model numbers EU10i and EU20i, which use technology so advanced it is the subject of patent protection including, but not limited to, European Patent (UK) No. 1 069 293.

Despite the Court Order-, stock of the models known as KGE980tc, KGE1000ti, KGE1000tsi, KGE1300tc, KGE1300tsc, KGE2000tc, KGE2000ti, KGE2000tsi, KGE3000tc, KGE3000ti and KGE3000thi continue to enter the UK.

Primarily manufactured in China and sold in the United Kingdom under the name of the manufacturer or distributor, these unlawfully imported- generators utilise Honda's patented technology without permission and therefore infringe Honda's UK patent.

Geoff Matthews, General Manager of Honda (UK) Power Equipment comments:

'As a leading global provider of generators and other power products, it is vital that we protect our patents in order to allow our R&D teams to continue to innovate for the benefit of our customers. Our products are widely regarded as among the best in the world, and we'll continue to take a strong line with any company which breaches the law in this way.'

For more information on Honda's Energy products please visit http://www.honda.co.uk/energy or call 0845 200 8000.

Elton, Could they be talking about the same genny as I had...it was amongst a container load brought in direct and legally from China...I bought it a couple of years ago for £100. It was a "clone" of a Honda , 2.8kvw, with the big flat 15 ltr tank on the top, and a "Whisper" 5.5hp engine,...absolute cracker of a genny....I sold it last year for £150..:):)

Why tho', destroy them, couldnt they be used in those "disaster" areas that we have been reading about recently..:(

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

china doesn't recognise patents full stop ,levi clawed back levi's by another name (over runs) ,its not because they are inferior (how can they be the drop of the same production line) but they are nearer the real value of them without the hike put on them by the label owners ,ofcourse if you can get stuff cheaper then the big names cant rip off us so much and get shirty.

the sky high prices in the UK ensure profits are made selling the exact same stuff cheaper everywhere else ,big american company moving to the UK doesnt mean we get stuff at american prices oh no we just bolster profits so americans continue to get it cheap (not just america! lidl and no doupt every other offshore owned company does)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 year later...

Perhaps Honda's patent deserves to be challenged as I very much doubt whether it actually involves any new ideas. I don't own one of these generators but I would imagine that they incorporate an alternator similar to a car alternator but producing about 400 volts of direct current. I would also imagine that the 400 volts of DC is then converted to AC using a "Class D amplifier". Now class D amplifiers have been around for about 40 years. Clive Sinclair (now Sir Clive) used to market them in the 1960s. In the 1960s heavy-duty semiconductors capable of dealing with mains voltage just weren't affordable so the amplifiers were limited to a few tens of watts. Mains power would have to wait.

I would be truly amazed if Honda's patent actually involves any new technology. It is far more likely that it has been obtained by the use of artful lawyers duping an ignorant patent officer. As to courts, invariably (and I speak from bitter experience) the judges are not engineers and they have no technical skills, nevertheless they continue to make judgements over topics they fail to understand. It was ever thus.

Incidentally one person whom I discussed things with said, "Courts - you may as well throw a bunch of coins in the air and see if they land heads or tails, anything can happen!" As the persons job was litigation, that's quite an eye opener.

I faintly remember a case of a greedy person trying to patent the wheel but his application was thrown out. In my opinion this one should also be thrown out.

I don't know about this generator, but Honda are certainly one of the world's most innovative engineering-led manufacturers of internal combustion engines.

The financial statement for 2009 puts their current annual research and development budget at £874,000,000 - I should think they have a fair few legitimate patents ;)

I would imagine that the patents concern very specific details of design, not the general principles of how a petrol powered generator works.

BLIMEY!!! Are ALL of these dodgy?? Surely ebay are doing something about it?? Fakes and LVMH spring to mind?? Channel......etc., etc.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I had to smile at the phrase "skilful lawers duping an ignorant patent officer". The only ignorance shown is that same remark. Patents are examined by at least 3 experienced officers, and in most cases involve many more highly experienced people, whose investigations can take several years.

As the holder of 5 current patents and having others which date back 45 years (alas expired now) I can assure you that they are not awarded by "ignorant officers"

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...

Seems these things take time....

I've just looked on Ebay and found loads of Kipor generators for sale - CLICK HERE. From the original press release, you'd have thought they'd be a thing of the past.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Perhaps Honda's patent deserves to be challenged as I very much doubt whether it actually involves any new ideas. I don't own one of these generators but I would imagine that they incorporate an alternator similar to a car alternator but producing about 400 volts of direct current. I would also imagine that the 400 volts of DC is then converted to AC using a "Class D amplifier". Now class D amplifiers have been around for about 40 years. Clive Sinclair (now Sir Clive) used to market them in the 1960s. In the 1960s heavy-duty semiconductors capable of dealing with mains voltage just weren't affordable so the amplifiers were limited to a few tens of watts. Mains power would have to wait.

I would be truly amazed if Honda's patent actually involves any new technology. It is far more likely that it has been obtained by the use of artful lawyers duping an ignorant patent officer. As to courts, invariably (and I speak from bitter experience) the judges are not engineers and they have no technical skills, nevertheless they continue to make judgements over topics they fail to understand. It was ever thus.

Incidentally one person whom I discussed things with said, "Courts - you may as well throw a bunch of coins in the air and see if they land heads or tails, anything can happen!" As the persons job was litigation, that's quite an eye opener.

I faintly remember a case of a greedy person trying to patent the wheel but his application was thrown out. In my opinion this one should also be thrown out.

Well that's that then! :unsure:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• 9 months later...

I'm amazed at how many views this thread has had! Is it you, chesters?