Bait droppers

wellyphant

Can anyone recommend a good quality bait dropper,i say good quality as i've gone through two of them in the last month,,the first one(make i can't recall)was ok apart from the flimsy metal hinge which started buckling after about ten casts,i took it back to the shop and swapped it for an offering from FOX,which was even worse,it looked the part,with interchangable weights etc. but the door fell off after only two casts,,very poor..If anyone could recommend a good sturdy baitdropper i would be very grateful,,,thanks

I had a Seymo bait-dropper, which I snagged after 2 sessions. That aside, it was awfully nice and if I had to buy another, I'd try to get the same model. It was black plastic, done in the fakey carbon style, like some reel spools. You know the type.

It was nice and tight when shut, so your bit didn't spill everywhere, even with maggots but with enough free movement that it opened no problem. That's the kiddy I'd go for. The rest felt like hammered tin or some crap to me.

...andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I had a Seymo bait-dropper, which I snagged after 2 sessions. That aside, it was awfully nice and if I had to buy another, I'd try to get the same model. It was black plastic, done in the fakey carbon style, like some reel spools. You know the type.

Can't have been a Seymo, Andy. They are powder coated metal.

594251200494.png

Dave

dlstsig.png

594251200494.png

That's the first one i broke coming to think of it Dave,,the hinge was very flimsy,,not as flimsy as the fox one though which dropped off completely.Any more suggestions anyone??

594251200494.png

It was plastic. I know plastic when I see it and it's the exact same design (bar material) as the one you've shown, same logo and everything. I know a Seymo badge when I see one. It was plastic, not metal....plastic.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

It was plastic. I know plastic when I see it and it's the exact same design (bar material) as the one you've shown, same logo and everything. I know a Seymo badge when I see one. It was plastic, not metal....plastic.

You must have been sold a pirated copy, Andy - I've just bought one of those Seymo jobs and mine certainly feels like metal. It fact, it feels just like the Dinky Toys I had when I were a lad... :)

Products change. Yours is brand new. Mine might no longer be produced. I can assure you it was a Seymo from a reputable dealer. I've got enough Seymo stuff to know a Seymo label when I see one. Anyway, Seymo stuff is bottom of the line. Who would be daft enough to copy the chepaest line in fishing gear? Copy Shimano or copy Fox or someone but not Seymo. I doubt that would bring much return.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

I'm fairly sure the original Seymo's that were produced in that style were plastic.

Bait droppers became quite hard to get hold of at one time after Thamesley stopped producing any and the Seymo ones were the first ones that became readily available again.

I was already into making my own by then because of the lack of availability, (so my memory of the timescale of the manufactured ones is a bit sketchy now).

I'm fairly sure the original Seymo's that were produced in that style were plastic.

Thank you Ajay. See these doubters....I don't know.....lol..... ;)

...andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...