Day tickets on the Ribble

tony jolley

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to the petrol station behind the tickled trout [sorry novotel] pay your £4.00 start fishing or just up the road heading towards b/burn turn left at bonsai go into garden centre pay ya money used to be £4.00 go and fish .go to elston pay the farmer £2.00 to park on his land park up right on the riverbank and go fish thats three for ya or as the man b4 sed go to ted carters but dont let em sell u a preston card waste of time

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

The bonzai stretch is a good bet for big barbel. Try getting a swim behind the Church and cast over to the gulley. Very abrasive sand stone so use heavy line or something like snake bite hook links. Halibut pellet 11mm upwards or fishy boilies.Best with a bit of water running through.

As to Pike, this is a thread on my clubs website. the conlusion is so far that very few pike have been caught but also very little attention seems to have been paid concentrating on them.

The Southport club has a part of the Ribble at church deeps half price season ticket now till December plenty of barbel and pike there have a look at SDDA's website but I will have to upload the maps some time this week and Hi Martin.

http://www.southportangling.co.uk

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

There's a public stretch at Ribchester.Also if you go to the end of the road past the museum you will go into a farm yard (end of road).Year's ago i used to give him 2 or 3 quid and went fishing.The farmers stretch was great , a really big deep pool.I've seen some crumping salmon jumping there.I never caught any though just the usual stuff chubb etc.

The river ribble between Appley bridge and Gathurst is fishing really well loads of big pike coming out.I think someone had a thirty something pounder out at the weir not to long ago!!!!

Tigger

tigger:

There's a public stretch at Ribchester.Also if you go to the end of the road past the museum you will go into a farm yard (end of road).Year's ago i used to give him 2 or 3 quid and went fishing.The farmers stretch was great , a really big deep pool.I've seen some crumping salmon jumping there.I never caught any though just the usual stuff chubb etc.

The river ribble between Appley bridge and Gathurst is fishing really well loads of big pike coming out.I think someone had a thirty something pounder out at the weir not to long ago!!!!

Tigger

Sorry TIGGER but do you not mean the Douglas at Appley bridge and Gathurst?.

would luve to see a pic of any big pike from the "Dougy" biggest I have heard of is 17lb. Still big mind you!!!.

Tony B.T Jolley

used to get taken there with a mate by his father 30 yrs ago do you think i can find it now "can i buggery" used to park in farmers yard and 5 min walk to the bank and a long wide straight glide or go thru the yard turn right drive up the banking drive past some fast shallows and arrive at a huge deep pool with a large waterfall away in the distance caught some exellent fish there { ahhh memories }

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com