Day tickets on the Ribble

tony jolley

Jimpy0, I was talking to Martin the other night and I mantioned to him about a very similar sounding spot I fished on the ribble about 20 years agao, I said to him I thought it was called Alston, I don't know the river so well but I think its just up stream from Elston. I'm sure some one on here knows better.

Tony B.T Jolley

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

done quite abit around elston and red scar the bit i'm on about we used to access from turning right by the de tabley or what ever its called now bin all thru there the only bit thats totally altered is where they;ve built them posh houses and that crappy football thing.was probably down the back of there but its security access only round there

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Tony,

I do mean the Douglas at Appley bridge .So you know it then? I used to live 10 mins drive from there and still have a few mates who fish it regular.I spoke to one earlier and he reckons the pike was 28lb summot not 30 summot but whats a couple of pound when you reach those weights.There's plenty chub and the usual stuff being caught also.My mate knows the chap who lives in the bungalow across from the Navigation pub, he has the fishing wrights on the stretch of Dougie running along side his garden and he reckons he's catching quite a few trout.

Not too long ago the dougie was like a open sewer and we used to go ratting with the ferrets dogs and shotguns and have some cracking days it's wierd how it's changed so much(for the better).

Tigger.

Melvin, a couple of mid 20's have been out of the church deeps stretch over the last couple of years, there was a photo of one in the AT.

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

tigger:

Tony,

I do mean the Douglas at Appley bridge .So you know it then? I used to live 10 mins drive from there and still have a few mates who fish it regular.I spoke to one earlier and he reckons the pike was 28lb summot not 30 summot but whats a couple of pound when you reach those weights.There's plenty chub and the usual stuff being caught also.My mate knows the chap who lives in the bungalow across from the Navigation pub, he has the fishing wrights on the stretch of Dougie running along side his garden and he reckons he's catching quite a few trout.

Not too long ago the dougie was like a open sewer and we used to go ratting with the ferrets dogs and shotguns and have some cracking days it's wierd how it's changed so much(for the better).

Tigger.

Still a massive fish that Tigger,

I am from Pemberton if you know it.

Latics forever!!

Tony B.T Jolley

tony jolley:

Still a massive fish that Tigger,

I am from Pemberton if you know it.

Latics forever!!

Hi Tony,

Yep i do know Pem very well as i lived in orrell all my life.I got fed up when they started all the building in orrell and moved to Anglesey a couple of years ago.For the price of a average semi in orrell you can get a place out here in the fields beside the sea, much better than all that gridlock in moor rd every morning and night.

Tigger.