small baitrunner

moonlight angler

im looking for a small baitrunner for my tench fishing and maybe for bream fishing at night. i'm on a tight budget so if anyone knows any which are like under £30 then that would be ideal!

Okuma Interceptor in the 30 size. Cracking little reel. I've got 3 spools for mine as I use it so often.

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/okuma-intercepto...ize-p-3134.html

Otherwise check out the freerunner section at 'Askari'; plenty of choice there.

Not sure if the link will work?

https://www.angelsport.de/cgi-bin/askari.st...41/Catalog/1185

I picked up .......from a second hand shop the other day .....a small baitrunner type reel.

???? Why does a pikefisher need a small baitrunner ? Surely not for small pike?

.....or have you taken to bivvying up when after bait fish? Can you get Sky in your bivvy? :rolleyes:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Shakespeare Cypry 4000 great little baitrunner for the money,Got 3 of the interceptors to and they have been faultless over many seasons of abuse Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I picked up a Cormoran Cormaxx-BR 3A 35 from a second hand shop the other day as a small baitrunner type reel. Seemingly quite superb although only time will tell, but it ticks all the right boxes.

I've had a spin of these reels. Excellent reels for the price - Askari usually sell them, but don't seem to have any so no idea where you'd get one.

http://www.cormoran.de/co/en/products/free...ducts-model.htm

I also got 2 Cypry 4000 after Steves recommendation. Good reels, but larger than the Okuma 30 and nowhere near as good out of the box; one reel needed regreasing as it had all accumulated in one area.

Another needed the front drag mechanism stripping down and re-assembling as it didn't apply even pressure. Once fixed, they're great for the money.

Get the Okuma with the warranty and you won't be disappointed!