Fast Jig Fishing - not for everyone

Newt

This should work as well for pike and zander as it does for Largemouth bass. Not good all the time but when it is, it is outstanding.

http://www.insideline.net/il-online/column...-bassinbio.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Close but not exact. I do plan to give it a try this year though.

In reasonable weather, I usually start with a technique or two that targets the really active fish and all of those are fast.

If they produce I continue until things slow down and then so do I. Slower and larger then if no luck, slower and smaller until something appeals.

Jigs are great for fishing deep too and are much faster than a Carolina Rig.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I can't see any reason not to go for a heavier jig if it suits conditions.

Fresh water and you could use a larger 'tail' when fishing for active pike and up to 1.5 or even 2 ounces should do OK.

Sea fishing in deeper water and you might go even heavier.

I saw a feller lure fishing once and just sorta remembered what he was doing. Lucky guess. :D

I saw a feller lure fishing once and just sorta remembered what he was doing. Lucky guess. :D

Interesting and intelligent piece of writing. I just love it when you fish with a strategi. This is pretty much how we try to get in contact with perch when fishing with my friends. The most interesting part is the one about light/ heave jig heads. This is quite important...

Btw Newt, did you se my latest zander....??? A real fatty. Check it out at photos in www.jan-o.se/fiske

Edited by Jan O