Best Sci fi movie?

Jaffa

Graham X:

Anyone remember "V"? I remember the first couple of episodes as being stonking, but it soon went quite naff.

yep I remember and agree first few episodes were great but as you say,it went down hill.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoyed babylon 5 thoroughly ,i dislike (now on bbc4) the one where a pilot goes through a wormhole and meets strange american accented aliens one of which seems to have no legs another is blue ,instantly can fly anything and knows how everything works (good training in american pilot schools)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not strictly a movie but I recently picked up the DVD (actually eight of them) of Taken. Top draw stuff and well worth the twenty something quid that I paid for it.

Comming to the end of Taken, I decided to try to track down something in a similar vein and tried to order a copy of "Dark Skys". No sign ! Astoundingly, a little more digging indicates that it had the plug pulled on it by NBC after the first season and has never been made available on the little silver discs. A real shame this because like Taken, the story spans several generations and the Flying sausers in the earlier episodes are proper wobbly "hubcap on a string" 1950's UFO's but the latter ones are made with much better effects - an "in joke" that brought a smile to my face.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Forbidden Planet (based on the Tempest) is a classic, it introduced Robbie the Robot (later in Lost in Space)if I remember rightly. Arnie's SF films have also been remarkable, the various Terminators, Total Recall and The Running Man. I would urge all Americans to vote for the man if he becomes eligible to run for President!

quote:

Posted by Jaffa

have been meaning to check out some Manga; never seen any. Ghost in the Shell a good place to start then?

Yes it's very good, has a few twists in it and all is not what it seems, has to be watched in quiet (well that's how I like to watch it) surroundings because of the "red herrings" and twists thrown into the film.

We have it on VHS but will be getting a DVD copy soon from Amazon.

If you have Sky or one of the cables ie NTL, Scifi channel runs Manga movies on saturday nights quite frequently. They're worth a look in.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing