Advice - London Lodging?

severus

My daughter is going to be visiting friends in England from mid-December to early January, and has asked me to book three nights in London for when she arrives, so she may tour the city before her friends pick her up. She wants something clean and centrally located; before I book a room I thought I might ask here. She's very excited - it's her first trip overseas.

Any suggestions? :)

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

I once stayed at the Regents Palace hotel, which is about fifty paces from Piccadilly circus.

A quick look on the net told me they have single rooms for under £50, if she is with a friend then a twin is £51. There are also student discounts.

The place is basic and busy but there were alot of young folk there when I visited and I didn't have any problems.

Cheers

Scapa

Scapanapper:

I once stayed at the Regents Palace hotel, which is about fifty paces from Piccadilly circus.

A quick look on the net told me they have single rooms for under £50, if she is with a friend then a twin is £51. There are also student discounts.

The place is basic and busy but there were alot of young folk there when I visited and I didn't have any problems.

Cheers

Scapa

Two's up on that!! VERY clean, no frills hotel and above all CHEAP!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

make that three, when i used to have to work in london and pay my own hotel bills, the regent palace was the first choice, about as central as you can get, cheap and full of young student totty