Bass Depth - Question For The Boat Boys

glennk

What is the maximum depth you boat anglers fish for bass. I am enjoying discovering this amazing sport when fishing from my yak. Last year we spent a lot of time in very shallow water and did well. This year we have learnt a bit more and Im now finding bass in water of upto 20 foot - often in areas with a lot of tide flow and in places where ahallow and deeper areas meet up. Within our area we have access to very deep water pretty close by and I am wondering if there is any chance of bass in the deep water areas.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

What is the maximum depth you boat anglers fish for bass. I am enjoying discovering this amazing sport when fishing from my yak. Last year we spent a lot of time in very shallow water and did well. This year we have learnt a bit more and Im now finding bass in water of upto 20 foot - often in areas with a lot of tide flow and in places where ahallow and deeper areas meet up. Within our area we have access to very deep water pretty close by and I am wondering if there is any chance of bass in the deep water areas.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You've every chance of catching some good bass in deep water. I've known them to be caught in 80ft.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Cheers Steve. I think because its a bit of an unknown quantity its difficult to experiment and I tend to stick to what I know works (Which so far has been shallow water and places with a lot of tide). Knowing they will take in deep water alos opens up so many more places to try.

Cheers Steve. I think because its a bit of an unknown quantity its difficult to experiment and I tend to stick to what I know works (Which so far has been shallow water and places with a lot of tide). Knowing they will take in deep water alos opens up so many more places to try.

I've caught bass, by accident, in over 240ft of water on a wreck off Brixham. They were black as a piece of coal, but it just goes to show that they can frequent really deep water too.

My biggest bass, 9lb 15oz, was caught in a hole about 75ft deep in the Thames. In fact, a lot of big bass are caught in the Thames in around 70ft of water, mostly when guys are targeting the tope.