US of A, the world's last Superpower

corydoras

not only that it was pre meditated murder ,if i had a kid and never fed it it would die ,knowing it would and doing it is pre meditated murder just as not treating a disease is the same.

no harm in getting several second opinions but if you ignore them and the worst comes to the worst then penalties should follow,what next "god told me to kill him" an excuse all of us could use if that were the case

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would kind of imply that there is some state after death in which Madeline might enjoy a "rest". You haven't gone all soft on your athiest sensibilities have you Cory ?
No not at all, just an expression.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Immunizations have been under scrutiny recently and I think with good cause. I find this a suiting topic as well for this thread.

Based on the grounds of your religion (in the US) you can elect to not have them for your child. It is a requirement, like France, that children have immunizations according to the governed age requirements prior to being allowed to attend public schools.

I am unsure, and unwilling to research it, so please correct me if I am wrong- the US Federal Government has immunization guidelines and then the states augment them as required. Similiar to how the EA has their own guidelines for fishing and then local bylaws to augment those.

There are people that say some of these immunizations (MMR) are a contributing factor in autism, while at the same time the 'studies' show that there is no effect whatsoever on this particular disorder. Do I claim that based on my religion I can avoid having my children obtain this vaccine? At what risk? I can't remember the exact figures but I believe in the US it was 1 in 5 children had some form or autistic behavior.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

trouble is the MMR has nothing to do with the kids its cost its cheaper to have a doc give one injection rather than 3 :rolleyes:

they say the cases of measles is rising then give just measles jabs again!!! simple

the gov put down those that want a choice but have no qualms bringing in people who have untreatable versions of diseases like TB ,who's aftercare costs FAR more than 3 separate injections and a choice for parents. :angry:

most will use the MMR vacine so the cost of those that prefer not to will be far less than the 3 injections used to cost ,if chicken pox is the most dangerous then give just chicken pox jabs ! once choice is there parents would have no reason not to get them vaccinated and chicken pox would decline once more

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No, and nor should it a smug bigot

Yes I agree that a childs life should come before any religious belief, but the way you condemn folk who may differ from your point of view is startling. To describe those that do believe as having ''Imaginary Friends'' is not a good starting point for anyone who may want to debate with you.

Jeff said he should chose his replies carefully, and yet he has actually lived in Winconsin, so I for one was interested in hearing a 'balanced' opinion. perhaps you to also should consider before replying ?

Yes I do agree with you, and I am a parent, but please chill out!!

I am not smug nor a bigot. If you are a believer then I am afraid your friend is IMAGINERY. Sometimes there is no 'balanced' opinion, letting a child die is just plain wrong. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am not smug nor a bigot. If you are a beleiver then I am afraid your friend is IMAGINERY. Sometimes there is no 'balanced' opinion, letting a child die is just plain wrong.

relax rabbit was talking to his imaginary freinds :D he just learnt the word bigot and uses it as much as possible to avoid actually answering anything he cant understand :D

I thought we already established that letting the girl die was wrong. So? Shall I start a new thread? Or are we going to discuss this religion vs medical practice thing?

Nevermind I'm through.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

corydoras, I haven't read a post on this thread that believes that parents should be permitted to refuse their children medical intervention, because of their religious beliefs.

Everyone seems to be agreeing that this situation is wrong, so you can ease back on the ranting. :rolleyes:

Where I think you are wrong, is in the title of the thread.

This whole situation is not peculiar to one State in the USA.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest Rabbit
I am not smug nor a bigot. If you are a believer then I am afraid your friend is IMAGINERY. Sometimes there is no 'balanced' opinion, letting a child die is just plain wrong.

Actually i do not believe, but again you have stated that people that do IMAGINE having a FRIEND which you have ridiculed their beliefs. since an awful lot of people DO believe and since Christianity is a bedrock on which humanity has progressed through the last almost 2000 years don't you think your comments are to say the least flippant?..... you are in effect calling believers crazy.

But back to this particular case my attitude is that the parents should be made by law to allow treatment to save their childs life So we agree, but I am sure the majority of Christians would also.

Guest Rabbit
relax rabbit was talking to his imaginary freinds :D he just learnt the word bigot and uses it as much as possible to avoid actually answering anything he cant understand :D

Really? I normally try and avoid your malice but just for once I thought you might have furthered the debate without a personal attack...but hey ho. BTW I before e except after c

FREIND ha!