Blunket is back

Ken L

David Blunket is back in the cabinet only months after being totally discredited for abuse of his public office.

I'm not sorry that the Labour party got back in but if this sort of sickening and cynical cronyism is what we can expect, I very soon will be.

[ 07. May 2005, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Memories seem very short in politics....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Always thought it wrong that he went! A good man sacrificed at the alter of political correctness. Always admired Paddy Pantsdown (Lib) for having the courage to stand up to his critics after his, errr, slight indiscretion. Blunket is back, he should never have gone, the right man for the job.

Sportsman:

Peter,

can I have some of what your on   :)      :)  

It's all around you, it's called reality. :)

What Blunket, Ashdown, Parkinson (Cecil) or anyone else does in their private life is not a matter for public concern unless they're "private" actions blatently contradict their public position.

What is a cause for concern is abusing the power granted by public office to speed up a visa application or get a visa granted for someone who ordinarily would not qualify.

What's he going to do in his new job? Help his former Phillipino nanny to fraudulently claim benefits and protect her from prosecution if she does?

[ 07. May 2005, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The things we do for love eh!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Blunkett had to go. Unacceptable abuse of power, then 'hanging out to dry' some poor sod of a junor civil servant to cover his tracks.

How could you take seriously anything that this man could ever say about immigration controls. His personal life was not that personal unfortunately and his ability to be indiscrete with someone elses wife whilst just a failing with mere mortals like ourselves and of no worldy consequence is a potential timebomb if you're a Senior Minister. If you feel that its none of anyones business but his, then clearly you've forgotten the Profumo scandal, the tie in to Russian agents and the fall out than followed. I met David Blunkett on several occasions as leader of Sheffield Council when he and I were involved with Competitive Tendering legislation. I found him likeable but brash and more than just a little naive. Nothing much appears to have changed.

[ 07. May 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

God help him in his new job of getting 2.7 million off Incapacity benefitand into full time employment :D:D:D

[ 07. May 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

IMO if anyone can lie and cheat in there private lives then they are going to do it in there "other" lives.

I was taught at a young age "treat a lady as a lady until she proves to be otherwise".

You are expected to trust these people even after they have proved they can't be trusted.

And yes I remember the Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice Davies (sp)and the Profumo scandal

Now you see why I don't get involved in these topics as a rule

:D Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/