It's the little B's!

little onions

Last year I posted a query as to what type of bug might be nipping the flowers off my runner beans. The culprits are bumble bees. Apparently they have discovered they can get to the nectar quicker if they sever the flower from the stem - clever little sods!

Help me unhook these, please.

Hi all

little onions i was once told a small amount of washing up liquid and water in a spray bottle lightly sprayed over your beans may discourage them as i know it helps rid those black flys on sun flowers and used in small amounts could help you, whilst not hurting the beans

hope your well:)

sg

[ 18. July 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Garlic and tobacco liquor. Get a bulb of Garlic and a few fags and make a steep from it. Don't touch the stuff because it can cause a reaction on the skin.

Anyway...put the stuff in an atomiser/spray bottle and apply that to your plants. That'll keep mites, bees, aphids and allsorts of nasty little blighters off your plants.

You won't be doing any harm to the plants or the bugs. To the plants, it's just organic matter. To the bugs...well they won't go near it in the first place.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Hi all

Hi onions ive been offline for a year due to the bt bill and not having money to pay it oops :D

plus moving to bordom from hambledon nr portsmouth and it was a culture shock and a half.

apart from that not been to bad,my two girls and the misses are doing fine (can you return kids to the hospital???hehehe :D

hope you and yours are in fine health :)

sg

what about putting very small muzzels on the bees

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

what about putting very small muzzels on the bees

Getting the muzzle on is easy enough its doing the buckle up thats a bit fiddly!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

you can shoot them on using a muzzel loader :rolleyes:

modern slug pellets are useless being a .177 they dont have the killing power of the old .22 blue version :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson