3 Fishing Trips (including a new PB ghostie)

natty

I recently went for a 2 week family holiday to Sardinia, Italy.

I brought along a match rod, a reel with 4lb line and some floats and small hooks.

I went fishing down at the local beach off some rocks from 6am to 8am about 5 times during the holiday and using bread as a hookbait I caught loads of fish, but unfortunately they were all small.

This was the most common species:

373195741.jpg

I also caught 3 of these, they put up a great fight:

373195744.jpg

-----------------------------------

Last week I went fishing for a few hours with my 12 year old half brother.

We started off fishing two rods on the bottom, but after an hour we both only fished with one rod because the action was so mad and we had 3 fish on at once a couple of times.

Throughout the day we both caught steadily even on only one rod each. I ended up with 14 carp and my brother had a couple less.

Unfortunately none of the carp we caught were that big, but it was still fun on light tackle.

Here was one of my slightly larger ones:

373195749.jpg

Here are a couple of the carp my brother carp:

373195762.jpg

373195755.jpg

Yesterday I went to More House Farm Fisheries for my first session at the fishery and decided on the carp lake.

After getting lost, I finally arrived at the fishery a little later than I had hoped. I set up in the shallow end of the lake. I fished with 3 rods legered, two rods were fished with 12mm Carp Vader Schnitzel Wurst jelly pellets hair rigged, the other rod was fished with either luncheon meat or plastic corn.

I cast all 3 rods out in to good looking areas, but unfortunately the first 2 hours went by without a single bleep. Then I heard a carp splosh tight to the far bank on the left hand side of my swim, I quickly reeled in a rod and cast it back out to where the carp had shown. 10 minutes later I had a slow but steady take on the recently recast rod and hooked a powerful fish, after a long fight I was convinced I was playing a 20lber, but was pleasantly surprised to see a nice ghost carp roll into the net.

My old PB ghost carp was 13lb 5oz, and the fish looked quite a bit bigger, so I knew it was going to be a new PB ghostie, on the scales it went 17lb 2oz.

Here are a couple of photos:

373580184.jpg

373577641.jpg

As I was rebaiting the rod I had just caught the ghostie on, I had a screaming take on my middle rod fished towards an overhanging tree, my strike was met with powerful resistance and the fish felt decent, unfortunately seconds later the hooked pulled and I was left gutted.

Another two and a half biteless hours passed before I had a my next bite this time on the luncheon meat rod unfortunately this fish came adrift too after only a couple of seconds.

20 minutes later I had a screaming bite on my left hand rod, this fish fought differently instead of tearing off all over the place it was just plodded about, a couple of minutes a decent mirror carp was safely in the net.

My PB mirror carp is only 18lb 8oz and this carp looked close to that weight, on the scales it was 5oz less than my PB mirror at a weight of 18lb 3oz.

Here it is:

373592933.jpg

An hour later I added this 12lb 6oz mirror to my total:

373577648.jpg

And shortly before packing up I had one final bite which turned out to be this 15lb 1oz mirror:

373577647.jpg

Overall I was delighted with my total of four carp and two lost ones, especially considering the lake had fished hard that day with only a couple of other carp coming out to all the other anglers on the lake.

I recently went for a 2 week family holiday to Sardinia, Italy.

I brought along a match rod, a reel with 4lb line and some floats and small hooks.

I went fishing down at the local beach off some rocks from 6am to 8am about 5 times during the holiday and using bread as a hookbait I caught loads of fish, but unfortunately they were all small.

This was the most common species:

373195741.jpg

I also caught 3 of these, they put up a great fight:

373195744.jpg

Last week I went fishing for a few hours with my 12 year old half brother.

We started off fishing two rods on the bottom, but after an hour we both only fished with one rod because the action was so mad and we had 3 fish on at once a couple of times.

Throughout the day we both caught steadily even on only one rod each. I ended up with 14 carp and my brother had a couple less.

Unfortunately none of the carp we caught were that big, but it was still fun on light tackle.

Here was one of my slightly larger ones:

373195749.jpg

Here are a couple of the carp my brother carp:

373195762.jpg

373195755.jpg

Yesterday I went to More House Farm Fisheries for my first session at the fishery and decided on the carp lake.

After getting lost, I finally arrived at the fishery a little later than I had hoped. I set up in the shallow end of the lake. I fished with 3 rods legered, two rods were fished with 12mm Carp Vader Schnitzel Wurst jelly pellets hair rigged, the other rod was fished with either luncheon meat or plastic corn.

I cast all 3 rods out in to good looking areas, but unfortunately the first 2 hours went by without a single bleep. Then I heard a carp splosh tight to the far bank on the left hand side of my swim, I quickly reeled in a rod and cast it back out to where the carp had shown. 10 minutes later I had a slow but steady take on the recently recast rod and hooked a powerful fish, after a long fight I was convinced I was playing a 20lber, but was pleasantly surprised to see a nice ghost carp roll into the net.

My old PB ghost carp was 13lb 5oz, and the fish looked quite a bit bigger, so I knew it was going to be a new PB ghostie, on the scales it went 17lb 2oz.

Here are a couple of photos:

373580184.jpg

373577641.jpg

As I was rebaiting the rod I had just caught the ghostie on, I had a screaming take on my middle rod fished towards an overhanging tree, my strike was met with powerful resistance and the fish felt decent, unfortunately seconds later the hooked pulled and I was left gutted.

Another two and a half biteless hours passed before I had a my next bite this time on the luncheon meat rod unfortunately this fish came adrift too after only a couple of seconds.

20 minutes later I had a screaming bite on my left hand rod, this fish fought differently instead of tearing off all over the place it was just plodded about, a couple of minutes a decent mirror carp was safely in the net.

My PB mirror carp is only 18lb 8oz and this carp looked close to that weight, on the scales it was 5oz less than my PB mirror at a weight of 18lb 3oz.

Here it is:

373592933.jpg

An hour later I added this 12lb 6oz mirror to my total:

373577648.jpg

And shortly before packing up I had one final bite which turned out to be this 15lb 1oz mirror:

373577647.jpg

Overall I was delighted with my total of four carp and two lost ones, especially considering the lake had fished hard that day with only a couple of other carp coming out to all the other anglers on the lake.

Congrats on the new PB,and some cracking looking fish.