Fladen Maxximus 422 777

Worms

Are the above reels any good?

I'm looking for a high retrieve, left hand wind 20/30lb line class reel for some deep water wrecking and these seem reasonable at about £60.

Anybody know any better?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Its not a bad reel at all, mind it should be as when you strip it down and have a look at the gubbins it soon becomes obvious what its based on

They're a very good copy of the Abu reels made in the far East where patent means nothing amd many of the Abu spares fit perfectly

Not bad reels for casting or for winching

Are the above reels any good?

I'm looking for a high retrieve, left hand wind 20/30lb line class reel for some deep water wrecking and these seem reasonable at about £60.

Anybody know any better?

Hello Worms.

Your wrecking, at anchor or on the drift? Regarding high retrieve, anything over 5-1 will struggle a bit if you get a decent fish on, is that what you are looking for? My favorite at present on the drift is a 3/0 sized reel 5-1 with a lightweight 12-20 braid rod.

Smallest anchor set up 50m plus, is a 7000 sized reel, again with a lightweight 20-30 class braid rod.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry,

we'll be drifting in about 300' of water, about 50 miles of the coast in Cardigan bay. The rod will be 20-30lb class using mono. I have a Mitchell 624 (converted to LHW) with a 3:1 retrieve. A friend advised a higher retrieve rate due to the depth so I was looking for a reasonable reel at a reasonable price. For comfort though it really has to be a LHW.

Likely fish are mainly pollack which can get into the low 20lbs with coalies and ling.

Nick

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Hello Barry,

we'll be drifting in about 300' of water, about 50 miles of the coast in Cardigan bay. The rod will be 20-30lb class using mono. I have a Mitchell 624 (converted to LHW) with a 3:1 retrieve. A friend advised a higher retrieve rate due to the depth so I was looking for a reasonable reel at a reasonable price. For comfort though it really has to be a LHW.

Likely fish are mainly pollack which can get into the low 20lbs with coalies and ling.

Nick

Nothing wrong with the 624, bombproof, just wind a little quicker. :D When you hit the slack, short trace with a bunch of squid on a pennel for the ling?

Jealous barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Nothing wrong with the 624, bombproof, just wind a little quicker. :D When you hit the slack, short trace with a bunch of squid on a pennel for the ling?

Jealous barry

Well that's made me feel better, I like my old Mitchells and the 624 makes so many people smile.........not because they're laughing at me but because it seems everybody over a certain age has owned at least one! Thanks for the ling hint, I haven't caught one yet and I hear they're mighty tasty!

Brian, thanks for the info on the Maxximus, useful to bear in mind :)

Nick

I saw one today, looked a bit flimsy to me, have you looked at the Okumas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Okuma-Magnetix-M...id=p3286.c0.m14 or Shimano TLDs (you can pick them up for a bit more --- aroound the £100 mark.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I saw one today, looked a bit flimsy to me, have you looked at the Okumas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Okuma-Magnetix-M...id=p3286.c0.m14 or Shimano TLDs (you can pick them up for a bit more --- aroound the £100 mark.

Dan

:D If you can afford the extra the Shimano TLD 15 or Charter Special 2000 is a great reel for wrecking or bottom fishing.