turnofrd consortium

Peter M

Not recent experience Peter, it's 20 years since I moved from Herts. but there should be some big old lumps of carp in there by now. The Railway pit for example was stocked in about 82/3 with carp in the 2-3lb range and they were all making double figures within 4 years.

There were also rumours at the time of some big bream from Abberton being stocked in the pit nearest the canal (can't remember the name of it).

Do you need a permit for the pits specifically? I thought membership of one of the clubs in the consortium gave you access anyway.

PS. It's Slipe Lane.

I am thinking of getting a season permit for the slip lane pits in turnford herts. Has anyone had any recent experience fishing these pits and any tips would be graetfully received?

I've only fished them a couple of times but done work parties there over the last couple of years.

The Match Pit /(boot pit) is getting a reputation for some good sized carp and tench even though it's supposed to be the match pit and there's quite a few rudd and some tench and catfish in the Marsh Pit (can be a bit weedy) ......... Railway and Lea pit can be hard but have reputations for specimen carp and bream, but I've not fished them and can't remember which is which.

I can let you have a bailiffs number via PM if you want to give him a call and find out more.

Jak

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

I've only fished them a couple of times but done work parties there over the last couple of years.

The Match Pit /(boot pit) is getting a reputation for some good sized carp and tench even though it's supposed to be the match pit and there's quite a few rudd and some tench and catfish in the Marsh Pit (can be a bit weedy) ......... Railway and Lea pit can be hard but have reputations for specimen carp and bream, but I've not fished them and can't remember which is which.

I can let you have a bailiffs number via PM if you want to give him a call and find out more.

Jak

that would be great thanks. you can join via clubs but i have got the form direct from Lee valley as i just want a nice carp water without silly rules that i can go to in addition to the river fishing i am going to do later in the year. I am a bit sick of the commercials near me and the talk of nice carp in the boot pit has got me all of a quiver :D

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I am also going to give it a go this year as one of my clubs (Verulum AC) is a member of the consortium. I will be looking for Tench though and not the Carp.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

There is meant to be some nice tench in the waters with the venue record over 12 pounds.

Hi Peter, I'm a member through Ware AC but haven't fished there yet. When my renewal comes through I'll pop down and give it a go...I'll let you know how I get on.