MMR the rights and wrongs

barry luxton

just looked up the tax and health cost of just tobacco (must be far higher for alcohol)

cost c1.7 billion to NHS ,tax revenue c9 billion its money over health ,everyone's at it money = blinkers

no fags for 13 months yeeha spent the saving on fat :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i don't agree with that, i gave you my reason why i went for the single jabs based on what i considered at that time to be common sence, i was also was given assurances from the nuffield centre in london who i consider to be the best pediatritions in the uk, that my course of action to suit my kid was correct and they were happy for me to do this, at that time. Remember again at that time the mmr situation was unresloved. To date there is still question marks, what about the parents who think their child has been affected. Although you aknowledge that it may well never be proven? Would you be prepared to discount them, cherry pick.

I hope your first born is well btw. :)

Barry it may come as no great surprise to you but I am not a great believer in 'common sense'. Einstien once said "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." and that's about my take on it too.

The MMR situation has never been 'unresolved' in my books. I didn't accept Wakefield's research at any time. You can't run any kind of study on a sample 12 kids for crying out loud, why can't folks get this? Is this some kind of misguided application of the British tradition of championing the underdog? I don't know, it beats the hell out of me sometimes.

I'm not cherry picking. Discounting something because of total lack of credible evidence is not cherry picking.There is not one jot or tittle of evidence to show that MMR causes autism. None. Nada. Zilch. Just because you don't like that doesn't change the fact.

Yes I discount the anecdotes of parents who think their child has been affected, believing something is so does not make it so.

Science doesn't do 'proof'. I don't know how many times I have to post this. Only mathematicians do 'proofs'. Science is based on a balance of probabilities and a probability of zero does not exist (a mathematician will be able to proove that to you, unfortunately my maths skills are not up to that). That is why I said that if one wants proof that MMR or any other kind of medical treatment for that matter can NEVER, EVER, EVER cross my heart, scouts honour, cause autism then you are not going to find it.

My daughter is fine by the way, and thanks for asking. I trust that all your children are well too, no matter how much we disagree on this issue.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i'm fine too only had one injection in life bar silly tetanus ones (at secondary school) caught whooping cough the correct way and measles too :D

i missed out on the strange multi pin dooda i walked out ,i can remember though a foul taste on a sugar cube ,sperm?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i'm fine too only had one injection in life bar silly tetanus ones (at secondary school) caught whooping cough the correct way and measles too :D

i missed out on the strange multi pin dooda i walked out ,i can remember though a foul taste on a sugar cube ,sperm?

Multi pin doodah sounds like a BCG test, you'd be about 12-14ish at the time. The sperm on the sugar lump was probably polio vaccine. That's the good thing about vaccines. When was the last time you saw a kid in calipers because they had caught polio? It was a fairly common sight when I was a nipper. Polio vaccine isn't made in chicken eggs BTW, it's grown on a culture of monkey kidneys.

I was watching a program on an American TV chennel recently where this stoopid broad said that she would'n vaccinate her kids against polio because she had never seen anyone with polio. She couldn't quite grasp that this was because we vaccinate for polio. Some people really should be sterilised at birth.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Multi pin doodah sounds like a BCG test, you'd be about 12-14ish at the time. The sperm on the sugar lump was probably polio vaccine. That's the good thing about vaccines. When was the last time you saw a kid in calipers because they had caught polio? It was a fairly common sight when I was a nipper. Polio vaccine isn't made in chicken eggs BTW, it's grown on a culture of monkey kidneys.

I was watching a program on an American TV chennel recently where this stoopid broad said that she would'n vaccinate her kids against polio because she had never seen anyone with polio. She couldn't quite grasp that this was because we vaccinate for polio. Some people really should be sterilised at birth.

the lady next door about when i was 12 was crippled through polio (not actually then but when she was younger) ,a few years earlier in the 50's of course thalidomide was the wonder drug.

i'v never seen anyone with TB but the numbers growing and with strains that cannot be controlled ,we love open borders they bring such delights to our culture

Edited by chesters1

...thalidomide was the wonder drug.

... with strains that cannot be controlled ,we love open borders they bring such delights to our culture

I just missed out on a dose of thalidomide. My mum asked her doc for it, but he wasn't convinced she needed it so he refused to give her a prescription.

Strains of TB and most other bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics are at least in part caused by those who don't complete courses of antibiotics. Evolution in action I'm afraid.