MMR the rights and wrongs

barry luxton

with enough research they should be 100% right all the time but as most research is funded by large companies with their agendas and time constraints incase other companies are also researching the same thing the funders hassel the researchers to get their findings ASAP ,rushing and being hassled does not make good science and mistakes are made in the rush to get that paper (as in research paper) and its glory in the scientific press.

drugs are ofcourse subject to scrutiny before their released but so many come on the market it would take huge amounts of money and huge research labs to vet them all ,plus ofcourse these very same labs probably get some funding from the very same companies who's work they are scrutinising so a conflict of interest occurs.

forget companies using their own labs all the time most use other labs to do the everyday work ,two reasons money and an excuse that XXX made the mistakes in their research not the companies labs ,companies are not stupid and do have very large legal depts.

even uni's do work for other uni's i did things oxford couldnt do but you can bet any blame that something went wrong for the funders oxford was using would have squarely fell on me and my uni rather than oxford ,luckily electronics is a very measurable science unlike medical science ,electronics tends to show its defects pretty quick but medical science could take decades to show problems which is where the problems lie in the research and rushing.

electronics being a measurable science means thicko's like me (no quals except a C&G) can actually do things they have a ability in and have the thing checked merely by switching it on and measuring it ,unfortunately thicko's like me work throughout the Technician level in all labs and uni's mainly because unqualified or slightly qualified staff are far cheaper than a row of university qualified techs doing jobs at a far higher grade ,any techs getting better exam grades would be out of their in a jiffy and get real money elsewhere.

my uni no longer funds trainees they have found as soon as they get a decent qualification (the uni funded college courses etc for their staff) they buggered off to surrey satellites (on the same campus) who pays a lot more for their techs ,one buggered off to that gov weapons establishment after the uni foolishly part funded a OU degree another is in the navy doing very well ,his search for decent quals stopped under the uni so he went elsewhere

when i started there were 13 trainees in my dept when i left there were none and not one worked in the department that trained them ,having qualified "technical" staff is not in the uni's interest today ,the donkey work is done by the students as a project they need to get to the next year the techs steer them as much as possible on the right path ,if the tech knows less than the students your buggered and mistakes occur.

if the prof or academic just looks at the end result of the work they probably wouldnt spot a flaw far back in the research that could show a problem in the future ,believe me the academics on the whole are a lazy lot ,their own quals were probably got decades ago and once the hold their first lab most hand it all over to a second or third year student to run (who also was trained the same way)

i am ofcourse talking about my dept in my old uni but i suspect (an oppinion) its not dissimilar to all unis and labs and if other higher uni's use lower uni's to do the hard bits then i pretty sure its the same almost everywhere,i'm not infering all lab techs are thicko's but more qualified ones are probably hanging on for their enjoyment or personal gratification rather than pay packet but i suspect are pretty thin on the ground.

when you pay peanuts in a mediocre job then "who cares" comes into the scenario ,people who dont care just do their job not look for errors that may be present in it just under the surface ,they havn't the time ,they havn't the balls to show a accademics errors , they fear redundancy because although they maybe good at their own niche you can bet it doesnt count for anything in the real world as qualifications always count over experience.

i could do the impossible in PCB making my boards are in space and 3G telephones but it didnt help a jot down the job center my niche was just to small :rolleyes: when half your time is making PCB's then theres to much to do fulfilling the rest of your extensive job description to do anything else ,you end up (which is exactly what the uni wants) is someone stuck at a low pay scale doing a niche job they couldnt use outside thus they stay ,they do more because the job description gets longer because you fill in for staff that have left ,they either grit their teeth or start from scratch outside where they are just the same as everyone else telling the staff at the jobcenter you can etch a board without mistakes down to 0.05 of a mm every time cuts no mustard to them and you end up shelf filling in tesco's ,so techs do their jobs ,cause no fuss,ignore things that perhaps shouldn't be and hope their jobs still there next week !causing a bit of controversy in a funders project will ensure its not.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my kids had it and so have my three grand children.

The major problem now days is so many people who don't know S from P get in on the act and totally confuse things.

They interfere with everything we do they just cannot stop themselves from interfering, then you end up with these enormous grey areas which totally confuse those who are involved.

Ever since I have been involved with my kids and grand children which brings you into daily contact with other parents and children I have never ever heard of a situation via those avenues where a child has incurred problems relating to MMR vaccine.

I have just done a search via Yahoo and turned up in the UK alone 550,000 items concerning MMR vaccine, now that's enough to confuse anyone if they are daft enough to start down that route.

Some times it is far better to judge things on what you have learned as you travel through life than listen to all the C.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

i just hope we dont see an MP force feeding a kid MMR in 20 years time :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 year later...

One would hope that this would put the last nail in the coffin of the MMR debate, but somehow I doubt it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493753.stm

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

One would hope that this would put the last nail in the coffin of the MMR debate, but somehow I doubt it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493753.stm

Your correct, someone last week was given legal aid to take on the government as their kid was affected, reaction by the mmr jab...... apparently.

Wakefields research was flawed because of his methods, is that correct?

It is now impossible for anyone in this country to get the single measels jab. The door has been closed, not because the jab is no good but by the government.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Your correct, someone last week was given legal aid to take on the government as their kid was affected, reaction by the mmr jab...... apparently.

It is now impossible for anyone in this country to get the single measels jab. The door has been closed, not because the jab is no good but by the government.

It appears his research was both flawed and he was working directly for those seeking to find problems with the MMR jab - so he had an undeclarred conflict of interest. The single measles jab has probably been removed because it may not be as effective and because it's in the best interests of us all for kids to be fully vaccinated against all 3 diseases. I don't doubt you can't still get it privately if you really wanted to (but I fail to see why you would).

RRob.

It appears his research was both flawed and he was working directly for those seeking to find problems with the MMR jab - so he had an undeclarred conflict of interest. The single measles jab has probably been removed because it may not be as effective and because it's in the best interests of us all for kids to be fully vaccinated against all 3 diseases. I don't doubt you can't still get it privately if you really wanted to (but I fail to see why you would).

RRob.

Must apologise, it is the single mumps jab that is not avalible at present, there is only one company that manufacture it and because of economics they are not making any.

Have a look at this link. Comment if you wish.

http://www.babyjabs.co.uk/mmr.htm

My daughter was at an age where the mmr jab was not around, Our son, we decided before the row regarding the mmr we would go down the road of single jabs, our decision was made at the time because he already has other health issues, no problem with our daughter so that was the route we took, no regrets. Would i do the same again? I'm of an age that i don't need to make that decision.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sheesh. What Wakefield did was bordering on the criminal. You can rub some peoples nose in evidence but they will still deny it. There is no link between autism and the MMR jab. None, zero, zilch. Just because you don't believe the facts doesn't change anything.

Ignorance I can forgive, were all ignorant about something. Thick, thrawn, willfull ignorance gets right up my nose though. Wakefields papers were withd4rawn because they were FRAUDULENT. He should go to jail.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't doubt you can't still get it privately if you really wanted to (but I fail to see why you would).

RRob.

Precisely why would you put your child through six injections when two would do the job at a lower risk.

Sheesh. What Wakefield did was bordering on the criminal. You can rub some peoples nose in evidence but they will still deny it. There is no link between autism and the MMR jab. None, zero, zilch. Just because you don't believe the facts doesn't change anything.

Ignorance I can forgive, were all ignorant about something. Thick, thrawn, willfull ignorance gets right up my nose though. Wakefields papers were withd4rawn because they were FRAUDULENT. He should go to jail.

Perhaps you would look at the link in my last post and slag that one off as well wakefeild certainly dont have anything to do with that one, feel free. Are those parents who take the decision for single jabs all willfully ignorant then.