Photo Competition August 2009

Steve Randles

Congratulations to Rich_ in winning Photo of the month for August with his photo Tuccano, here are all the entrants photo's and finish scores, highest first.

Tuccano1.jpg

Tuccano

by Rich_

Score : 535

loco.jpg

Locomotive

by Rich_

Score : 499

MORNING_MIST.JPG

Morning mist...

by Janet

Score : 484

baskets.jpg

Baskets!!

by Colin Brett

Score : 371

P1000166.JPG

by Chef

Score : 341

P1000176.JPG

whitehaven outer harbour

by Chef

Score : 309

loosestrife.jpg

loosestrife

by Rich_

Score : 305

1~11.jpg

Barriers

by snatcher

Score : 241

Lutheran_Church_AN.jpg

Old Lutheran Church

by Clifftop

Score : 194

THE_OLD_AND_THE_NEW_-_1.JPG

THE OLD AND THE NEW

by Janet

Score : 177

The_Winner_.jpg

The winner

by Clifftop

Score : 162

Protea.jpg

Protea

by Clifftop

Score : 162

stoney_beach_a.jpg

Atlantic Ocean and rocks

by Colin Brett

Score : 147

FISHING_011.jpg

Brahminy Kite

by Bobj

Score : 147

River_Pike.jpg

River Pike

by J.K

Score : 130

1~10.jpg

"Spidermen"

by snatcher

Score : 113

4.jpg

"Did I hear thunder dear" ?

by snatcher

MOPOKE_017.jpg

Boobook Owl

by Bobj

MOPOKE_027.jpg

Glass-out, Cape Hillsborough, Qld.

by Bobj

THE_ROCKS_274.jpg

Brahminy Kite With Bream

by Bobj

Score : 98

Waiting_for_the_starter.jpg

Waiting for the starter

by Clifftop

Score : 49

1~12.jpg

by snatcher

Score : 49

River_Perch.jpg

River Perch

by J.K

Score : 0

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Well done Rich on a great shot :clap2: :clap2: it got my vote. Well done to all the other entrants as well. Lets see what we can all conjure up this month :rolleyes:

On a personal note heading off to Weymss Bay on Monday for 4 /5 days. Weather permitting we will have a day trip over to the Isle of Bute so the cameras will be the first things packed :camera:

John

Well done Rich on a great shot :clap2: :clap2: it got my vote. Well done to all the other entrants as well. Lets see what we can all conjure up this month :rolleyes:

On a personal note heading off to Weymss Bay on Monday for 4 /5 days. Weather permitting we will have a day trip over to the Isle of Bute so the cameras will be the first things packed :camera:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thank you very much.

We were on holiday in North Yorkshire at the time when these photos were taken , at the time my brakes on the car had seized on. While we were waiting for the car to be repaired at the garage, we went for a walk. The engine was leaving the station 100yds down the road, and we ended up under the approach centre line to RAF Leeming . Fortunately for once, I had the camera!

Thank you very much.

We were on holiday in North Yorkshire at the time when these photos were taken , at the time my brakes on the car had seized on. While we were waiting for the car to be repaired at the garage, we went for a walk. The engine was leaving the station 100yds down the road, and we ended up under the approach centre line to RAF Leeming . Fortunately for once, I had the camera!

Congratulations Rich, on a great pic. It was in my top 3, but I also really liked the 'atmosphere' in Janets 'morning mist' photo.

I was up in the North Yorks area (Whitby, N Yorks moors) over the Bank Holiday weekend, but never got a chance of a shot like that. Well done on seeing the opportunity, and then making the most of it, (something I always struggle to do).

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John