4 x Malibu X Factor Fishing Kayaks For Sale

Anglers' Net

They went for £2,500 in the end. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They went for £2,500 in the end. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

That is a give-away price. The X-Factor is about the best fishing kayak on the market. It is so stable one can stand up and fly fish from it, or re-board from a scuba dive with all of one's gear. One of Malibu's competitors watched a diver do just that at an exhibition and loudly said that the same could be done with his kayak. A challenge quickly followed and the same diver - who was in no way connected with Malibu - tried it and failed miserably. Whoever got that lot for two and a half thousand quid didf really well.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems they didn't do well enough to get the cash together, though, chevin. The lot has now been relisted - CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Seems they didn't do well enough to get the cash together, though, chevin. The lot has now been relisted - CLICK HERE

That is unbelievable, any one who bought all four at 2,500 quid should be able to keep the best along with the trailer and the best accessories and still get their money back by selling the other three. Malibu sometimes have a problem with water leaking in at the scuppers but it is easily fixed. I think if you get one at the end of a day's moulding it might not leak because I believe that the problem was caused by the pin that formed the scuppers not being hot enough during the moulding and dragging the plastic as it was removed. I always felt that it might have been better if the pin had a taper of between 5 and 10 degrees so that it was free the instant it was being withdrawn. Despite that small problem, there is no doubt that the X-Factor is a brilliant fishing and diving kayak.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in touch with this chap, and after I bid over a grand, I wanted to know the reserve, and he told me, £2500.

The kayaks were used, and are £600 each new. There was other kit including fishfinders etc.

The trailer was superb, and if he didn't sell the whole lot, I advised him to sell everything seperately, as the market for good angling kayaks was strong, and I would buy his trailer.

Unfortunately, he didn't get in touch, so Iv'e had to buy another trailer for my 4 kayaks.

I reckon the trailer was worth at leat £1500, and the kayaks and gear another £1800.

So a £2500 reserve was about right, hoping for a bidders battle.

E-bay however isn't usually the place for big spenders.

Interesting, Mike. I'll ask him how it went next time I drop him a line. He's the contact for a company I deal with.