Some days, it matters little if you catch or not..

Nightwing

I know lots of folks who look in this section don't ever get to the session carp fishing part so I thought I'd post a picture from there.

Nightwing was asked about the number and size of carp in 'his' lake. I suspect the question came from someone not familiar with the US and I posted this pic to give him a comparison. Lake Michigan with the nation of Israel imposed on the lake.

lakemich.gif

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dave G:

love No 2-3-8.send more if you have them'

Done!

Attempted the lake again today..weather came in about a half hour after setting the rods, putting a premature end to the outing(I won't fish in lighting..not worth it).

However, I got some cool pics of the lake as the storms approached, and after the initial front went through(even though the rain quit..the lighting continued off and on, so I left the rods in the car.).

One of these days....I hope to have an actual fish in the pictures...!

May30_006b.jpg

Veiw directly in front of my chosen swim.

May30_025b.jpg

What the sky looked like as I scuttled back to my jeep!

May30_013c.jpg

I left the first location, and drove up the coast another 20 miles or so..crossed over the large Detroit Eddison Power plant, and took a picture of the outlet.(looks kind of like a set for a secret submarine base from a Bond film..)

May30_027bjpg.jpg

Second brief location, Ludington, Mi., lookikng down the length of the pier.

May30_030b.jpg

Ahh!..The Mothership hovering out over the lake..

May30_021b.jpg

Looking south from the base of the pier.

More to come...

More pictures from what turned into more of a road trip.

May30_037b.jpg

Looking accross Silver Lake(a small lake near Hart, MI), toward the large dunes that seperate it from Lake Michigan.

The following are just a selection of views from

Little Sable Point, Michigan

May30_044b.jpg

May30_049b.jpg

May30_041b.jpg

May30_040b.jpg

May30_043b.jpg

May30_047b.jpg

Great photos, Paul. I would like to add that if you look to the right of the Wilfred Sykes in the Muskegon channel you will notice a portion of the USS Silversides, a retired US Navy sub that sank dozens of Japanese ships in WWII. It's now a museum open to the public.

Small world, isn't it? I slip my boat in Muskegon Lake. It loves gasoline:

Boat%20a.JPG

Here's a 26 lb chinook salmon my cousin caught last summer off Muskegon. His boy is 7 years old. I had to turn the boat and chase that fish because it was spooling us:

26%20lb%20king%20a.JPG

13.5 lb brown trout and myself:

13.5%20Brown%20a.JPG

A box of kings taken off Manistee last summer. I believe the one on top was 23 lbs; the rest were probably 15-20 lbs, all 4 year-olds:

kings%20a.JPG

[ 31. May 2004, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: severus ]

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

How cool!

Let me know where the big carp hang out on Muskegon...... :D:D:D

I was thinking of trying out the side of the channel where the submarine is...looks like it's easier to get to the lake-end of the channel from there.

What a brownie - its a fish of a lifetime. My biggest is 2.5lbs! Not much of a competition.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nightwing:

quote:

Let me know where the big carp hang out on Muskegon......

I was thinking of trying out the side of the channel where the submarine is...looks like it's easier to get to the lake-end of the channel from there.

If you're after carp I think the Grand river would be a better choice, but you can catch walleye, pike, bass, and sheepshead all along the channel from Muskegon lake to the Coast Guard station. My fishfinder graph is black with fish all through the channel, so something is down there. Salmon and steelhead run through there in early Sept.

I don't have many nature photos as you do, but here's a sunrise at Grand Haven in fall 2002 from a few miles offshore. Note the pierheads:

fishing%209.08.02%20003.jpg

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain