proposed UK smoking ban

Alan Taylor

We have had this in Ireland for a while now and 99% of the people agree with it, even the smokers! (who often sneek out for a quick one) because it helps them cut down.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree that smokers are saying that they want the freedom to smoke, how about if we put it another way. If a bunch of naturists (in their later years for all you voyeurs!) decided "we'll all take our clothes off!" everyone (except Dave! :D )would object! But we must use the smokers argument that we are taking away their freedom. You can use this argument with Paedophiles, thieves, road hogs etc.

What do you think?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

kleinboet:

Whilst I agree that smokers are saying that they want the freedom to smoke, But we must use the smokers argument that we are taking away their freedom.  You can use this argument with Paedophiles, thieves, road hogs etc.

What do you think?

Not similar at all!

Smoking is an entirely legal activity.

Although there are issues about smokers and non smokers interacting whilst the smoker smokes. Making that kind of analogy is totally unacceptable.

so every body hates smokers yes it is a filthy habbit but why does a smoker have less rights than a none smoker just think were the end could be just like the hunting law when they ban hunts they wont stop there gradually we will lose all rights to choose what we want to do anyway while we use unleaded fuel and a like youll put your self at more risk then a simple fag

andyboy:

why does a smoker have less rights than a none smoker

Smokers have the right to kill themselves, but not others.

Should a child molester have the right to pursue his "freedom" with your son or daughter?

History will show that when the rights of individuals are put before that of society, then that society will collapse.

A balance is needed, and in our society that balance has swung in favour of the individual. It's high time that it swung back again.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest Ferret1959
kleinboet:

Whilst I agree that smokers are saying that they want the freedom to smoke, how about if we put it another way.  If a bunch of naturists (in their later years for all you voyeurs!) decided "we'll all take our clothes off!" everyone (except Dave!   :D   )would object!  But we must use the smokers argument that we are taking away their freedom.  You can use this argument with Paedophiles, thieves, road hogs etc.

What do you think?

At least walking round b0llik naked is less harmfull than smoking.

I'm up for that being made legal. :D

[ 17. November 2004, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

I have read that the true cost of smoking related illnesses, which includes treatment, benefit payments and lost taxes through early death and having to give up work does actually exceed the tax paid on tobacco products.

I am an ex smoker (gave up in 1990 after 10 years of 20 a day) and now hate the stuff. I now rarely visit pubs because the smell and the haze (as well as the extortionate prices). However if smoking is banned in these establishments, I might just start going again.

[ 17. November 2004, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

last week kleinboet took my friend and

myself out for a meal, we went to a non-smoking pub which was my choice. As a smoker myself I like to think of others, and make their life comfortable as possible. Apart from that, the food was bl00dy lovely. As I smoke as a pain reliever,I can see no reason why we cannot have a ban on smoking in public places.

a stranger is just a friend you do not know.