WOODLAKES STOW BRIDGE NORFOLK

mike bream

I AM A NEW MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION RE WOODLAKES .MY FAMILY PURCHASED A WEEKEND AWAY FOR ME IN EARLY NOVEMBER AND ON READING THE BROCHURE I SEE THAT THE LAKES HOLD A STOCK OF BREAM AND TENCH INTO DOUBLE FIGURES . I AM AN EXPERIENCED ANGLER AND I AM KEEN TO HAVE A GO AT THESE TWO SPECIES. THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW WATER TO ME SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO TO MAKE MY WEEKEND A SUCCESS. B)

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I can't give you any information on Woodlakes and the fishing, however I can give you local information on Stow Bridge and surrounding areas i.e. nearest Pub, Tesco's etc as I live in the village.

Good luck with the fishing and look forward to a net busting report!!!

Gary

Hiya

I've been to Woodlakes where we had a lodge on a corner plot of the lake. It was great. We caught on all the lakes but we mainly fished outside our lodge. After 6hours of sitting in the pouring rain, watching this large carp swimming in the margins, I was about to give it up but, being the stubborn woman I am, I stuck it out. It took a few pieces of luncheon meat, a bit of sweetcorn and a couple of fishmeal boilies to tempt a beautiful common carp in perfect condition. It was my dad's last holiday with us and I proudly carried the fish up to the lodge to show him. He said at last I've seen a big one after years of fishing himself. I was well pleased when we weighed it as it was bigger than I thought 21lb 14oz. I'm a fairly new angler with little experience but plenty of patience so get out there and fish - you never know.

Good luck. I'd go back any day.

Regards

Sue

I AM A NEW MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION RE WOODLAKES .MY FAMILY PURCHASED A WEEKEND AWAY FOR ME IN EARLY NOVEMBER AND ON READING THE BROCHURE I SEE THAT THE LAKES HOLD A STOCK OF BREAM AND TENCH INTO DOUBLE FIGURES . I AM AN EXPERIENCED ANGLER AND I AM KEEN TO HAVE A GO AT THESE TWO SPECIES. THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW WATER TO ME SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO TO MAKE MY WEEKEND A SUCCESS. B)

Do a search and you`ll see previous posts that I and others have written about the place.

JUST A THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION TO DATE RE WOODLAKES THANKS FOR THE LINKS SI THEY WERE A HELP HOWEVER I AM NOT WANTING TO TARGET CARP AND NEED INFO RE OTHER FISH NAMELY TENCH AND BREAM WHICH ACCORDING TO THE SITE BROCHURE REACH DOUBLE FIGURES . CAN ANYONE HELP WITH TIPS ETC AS I AM NEW TO THIS VENUE AND DONT HAVE MUCH TIME WHEN IM THERE B)

JUST A THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION TO DATE RE WOODLAKES THANKS FOR THE LINKS SI THEY WERE A HELP HOWEVER I AM NOT WANTING TO TARGET CARP AND NEED INFO RE OTHER FISH NAMELY TENCH AND BREAM WHICH ACCORDING TO THE SITE BROCHURE REACH DOUBLE FIGURES . CAN ANYONE HELP WITH TIPS ETC AS I AM NEW TO THIS VENUE AND DONT HAVE MUCH TIME WHEN IM THERE B)

Theres no need to shout. :P

I think you'll have trouble catching Tench. I've been to Woodlakes many times and never caught or heard of one being caught. Its (possibly over) stocked with Carp. Theres plenty of Bream in the square lake at the back (the Match Lake ?). Marine hailbat groundbait will bring them in then sweetcorn or mini bollies do fine. I know that there are the double figure Bream in the main lake in front of the lodges I had several out 2 years back on The Source. But due to its size and population you're just as likely to get a Carp. The Championship Lake is a bit of a mystery I know it holds eels and the biggest carp, but if you're only there for the weekend I'd forgo trying there this time round. I'd try either the Match lake or the one next to it it has some nice reed beds that looked promising.

Oh and don't bother asking the site owners, I asked about targeting Tench and they didn't have a clue what I was one about.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Theres no need to shout. :P

I think you'll have trouble catching Tench. I've been to Woodlakes many times and never caught or heard of one being caught. Its (possibly over) stocked with Carp. Theres plenty of Bream in the square lake at the back (the Match Lake ?). Marine hailbat groundbait will bring them in then sweetcorn or mini bollies do fine. I know that there are the double figure Bream in the main lake in front of the lodges I had several out 2 years back on The Source. But due to its size and population you're just as likely to get a Carp. The Championship Lake is a bit of a mystery I know it holds eels and the biggest carp, but if you're only there for the weekend I'd forgo trying there this time round. I'd try either the Match lake or the one next to it it has some nice reed beds that looked promising.

Oh and don't bother asking the site owners, I asked about targeting Tench and they didn't have a clue what I was one about.

Hi rarepleasures thanks for your reply, info will help and I will give it a go . Do you know what size the bream go to in the match lake ? B)

• 1 year later...

Mike how did you get on with locating the tench and bream. Im going to Woodlakes in May and wood like to try and target them any help would be great.