AT helping the EA to knock the last few nails in?

lutra

So they talk about 80% - but 80% of how many responses?

If 10 people replied, 8 out of how many licence holders are trying to dictate angling policy?

It strengthens my argument against the validity of the weeklies to represent angling ideas - typically journalistically, they'll warp it to sensationalise things.

On the other hand, 8 licence hoders? Isn't theat the sum size of the AT board of directors?

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls are only of any use when those being polled have a reasonable understanding of the subject under discussion.

With that in mind, here are some of the comments I've recently read on my forum travels.

"Fish aren't for eating, they're for catching."

In reply to the question should all coarse fish be returned?

Yes

Should there be any exceptions?

Yes

Explain.

Only trout should be taken.

Should all coarse fish be returned

Yes, we need to keep the natural balance, there are enough predators.

Exceptions?

Yes

Explain.

Anglers should be able to keep 8 fish up to 8oz for livebait, only roach, bleak or skimmers.

On a discusion about keepnets.

Unless in a match, they should be banned, because they stop others from catching the fish.

There are so many more, it's frightening.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If 10 people replied, 8 out of how many licence holders are trying to dictate angling policy?

It strengthens my argument against the validity of the weeklies to represent angling ideas - typically journalistically, they'll warp it to sensationalise things.

On the other hand, 8 licence hoders? Isn't theat the sum size of the AT board of directors?

80 % of 429 replies on the EA website. The EA are quoted as saying there were 800 replies however!

371 spoiled entries perhaps? maybe even 371 people voting not to have silly legislation?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Explain.

Anglers should be able to keep 8 fish up to 8oz for livebait, only roach, bleak or skimmers.

There are so many more, it's frightening.

John.

8 oz bleak!

:wallbash:

Nick

p.s, still haven't had a reply from the EA!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

It does say that there were 800+ replies in the AT survey Alan. That's more than the 450 or so that replied to the EA 'consultation'. A big difference between the two, that must mean something.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

See what I mean? absolute madness !

Angling has always had this kind of problem though just look how many watersd have been ruined by "Know it all, know f---k all" club comitees and the like?

Look at the massive drive from both the tackle retailers and Angling press to get rid of the closed season? and there are many more but why bother.......

Sorry but once again Im afraid Im at the "let them get on with it" stage as I will just carry on as normal.My fishing wonnt change but I fear that fishing in general will.More control,more restrictions and more artificiality will become the "normal" for so many.

Cant people see the comercial aims of most of these "champions of angling"? Sorry got to stop as I feel a full rant comming on.No need to go into it as the people on here who realise are all ready in the know and the rest just wont have it regardless of what arguments are put forward..

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just one quick one why has the subject of fish for pike baits (live or dead) come into it? if people bothered to find out the facts (Sh!t that will be the day in angling!) there has allready been moves to make provision for this.Im hoping to post some details but still waiting for permission to do so.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

8 oz bleak!

:wallbash:

Nick

p.s, still haven't had a reply from the EA!

I have to apologise, looking back I got a couple of posts mixed up. :oops:

The one that mentioned the 8oz max said that was for an unlimited number of fish, (although he had stated that he wanted all coarse fish returned).

The other was specific in that only roach, bleak and 'skimmers should be allowed as liveait.

Sorry for the mix up.

John.

I have to apologise, looking back I got a couple of posts mixed up. :oops:

The one that mentioned the 8oz max said that was for an unlimited number of fish, (although he had stated that he wanted all coarse fish returned).

The other was specific in that only roach, bleak and 'skimmers should be allowed as liveait.

Sorry for the mix up.

John.

No need to apologise John, the cr@p written in some of those documents is enough to befuddle any brain.......it made me feel as if I'd just watched 12 hours of comedy 'bloopers' after reading them.......not that they're funny!

I've always championed the EA, saying that on balance they do a good job etc etc

This whole issue has showed how pointless they are. Rather than address the real problem of being completely unable to enforce anything. They've just made more rules that they still can't/won't enforce. What difference does it make? I've not seen an EA bailiff in years, who is going to stop me doing anything I want? Others don't bother respecting the rules buying licences etc etc, why should I?

I won't be ruled by mob idiocy I'll let my conscience decide in future.

Rich