Frustration!!!!

Bacon butty

I live within walking distance of a canal which is heaving with double figure carp, I kid you not!! Unfortunately, these fish are extremely elusive.

I have tried everything, float, leger, surface, zig rigs, and feeders, method and cage.

The fish just won't play ball!!

I am unable to pre-bait regularly as I work shifts, and night fishing isn't an option as the canal isn't in the best of areas, and my other half won't entertain the idea.

The carp are very rarely fished for, and I think a simple legered rig is probably the best option, I have tried many different baits from worm to boilies, and I'm now getting desperate!!

The nearest I came to hooking one of these beasts was last summer, I free-lined a pop-up boilie on the surface whilst stalking. The carp was only two feet away from me, he sucked in the boilie and blew it out again before I could blink!!

Anyone got any bright ideas??

As an afterthought, I am familiar with their patrol routes and hang-outs as I've been watching them for the past three years!! I've seen as many as six 20's cruising together, these are BIG fish, they have to be seen to be believed!

Any ideas?!

Any Swan Mussels in the canal? If so try those or maybe fresh Cockles. They worked well for me the year before last.

Paul

try a running ledger rig.

Put a bead about 10 inches from your hook,size10 - 8 ish.The ledger runs free up an down the line but stops at the bead.get a thin slice of bread and take out a fist full from the middle.,bend the bread as if it were a taco.Nip the middle of the taco shape so that you are left with a flower shape brad mass.Simply put the hook through the nipped bit twice then the hook into the nip so the hook is up side down.Now it is up to you if you want it on the surface or just under.Just regulate how much line is out,the bread will puff up and i guarantee those carp will dive at it.If u want a pic of this let me know and il do 1 4 u

[ 05. May 2004, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: thornabyangler ]

Don't know about Bacon butty but I would love to see a picture.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Haven't tried cockles, but soon will!!

I'd love a picture of the flower bread, of should that read flour?!!

There is a slight flow.

Kleinboet, thanx, I'll give it a whirl.

I'm still open to suggestions, clean ones, of course!!

Although prebaiting isn't feasible have you tried baiting-up at the end of a session? It needn't be with the bait that you've tried to catch on, and in fact it's a good idea to try to wean the carp onto something you've yet to use.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net