Headlamps

RUDD

Last Saturday I could not find my Petzl headlight and ended up taking one made by Enegizer batteries.

This has 4 white and two red LEDS - I use it for Carp fishing using the RED Leds to keep my night vision.

As I was fishing close for Sole I switched it to RED to keep light off the water and was amazed to find my Rod tips (which have Gemini reflective tape on them) were much easier to see using the red than when using white LEDS or a LED lamp that I usually use.

Thought I would post this as it could be of use to others fishing close range or those who have trouble with illuminating their tips.

Red also does not mess up your night vision so is good for dark places such as the beach.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

hi rudd ,i use a similar energizer headlight and also use reflective tape and the visibility is much better when using the red light.it has now become an essential piece of kit.giving my rods a major overhaul this autumn as unable to fish for the forseeable future so will be experimentin on different ways to maximise tip visibility.red light is the way to go.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I rarely use my red light, but will have to experiment now. I want to get some decent reflective tape on the rods this year, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I rarely use my red light, but will have to experiment now. I want to get some decent reflective tape on the rods this year, too.

The Gemini stuff is very reflective but you cant wrap it round and round as it is not very flexable.

Starting from the tip I did a tight wrap so that the tape only just overlapped then cut it with a stanley knife. I then did the next sectiopn so the tape slightly overlapped the first section etc etc - this way I maximised the amount of tip I could tape and the tape looks failrly neat as it tapers the correct way.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have the same light and I like it.....the only feature I don't like is cycling through all the light setting's to turn it off.

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing