Lower Itchen Fish-in, part #2

Newt

Original thread (closed when it reached 6 pages) is Here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grayling should be obliging and a few PB's should be broken !

Had some interesting info from Bryan - Many thanks. I'd always been a bit sceptical about Itchen Barbel, but Bryan's put me straight there, they do exist !!

Bring along various set ups - the parking is alongside the river bank so you can change tactics, etc. leave your other rods in the car - they will be safe.

Excellent, i'll bring my JW Avon System rod for legering and my Ron Thompson C14 match rod for trotting - I simply love this rod.

[ 10. February 2005, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: j_s ]

James

Just to let you know, I've just spoken to the bailiff as I'm visiting there tomorrow, and the work on the track alongside the river has been completed, however it will remain closed for at least several days whilst it all sets.

There is plenty of car parking space at the Mill but you've have a potentially very long walk to the top limit of the coarse fishing if it hasn't re-opened by the time of your outing.

Paul

Kleinboat

As we have the whole fishery booked, we will all be from AN. You could always guess or jusr ask ther names, as that's what I normally do on fish-ins. I will be the really handsome fella :D:D

I know a few faces and names from past fish-ins, but there are few new ones on this

Paul