Carp anyone?

KAYC

Looking for some help or advise, My problem is I have a small garden pond with some large fish in, koi, tench, crucian and mirror carp. the two mirror carp 27lb and 18lb ( putting on apx 3lb per year )need to be removed, I have spoken to the E.A and they have advised there is no problem moving them as long as they go to a pond less than an acre and not to close to any river, They have also stated there is "considerable" value to fish of this size.These are "tame"fish and I really would like to see them go to a good private unfished pond / lake and wonder if it is unethical to sell them ? any advise / offers welcome.( p.s. they are no good as live-bait )

Not big enough Dan, No problem when I built the pond and they were under 10lb and the first habitants of the pond but as the other stock fish grew at an alarming rate they really started to scoff the food and now I have to clean the filters every two / three months due to the amount of fish poo!

It might sound callous, but maybe just put them in a commercial pond and let them take their chances? Getting hooked once in a while won't damage them, and it's not as if you're putting a couple of "tame" lions back into the wild that don't really know how to hunt or defend themselves.

Your carp will get plenty of scoff and do OK I'm sure.

Can't comment on the disease/disease resistance issue. Somebody here probably can.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest Ferret1959

I'll buy them off you.

I would put them in a nice pool 250yds x 50yds and about 10yds deep.

They will have company and have plenty off food.

They will be well cared for.

This is where I would put them.

Posted Image

And this would be one of their new friends. :)

Posted Image

Who's the ugly sod holding the fish?

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.