Exmouth/Beginners Course

Manrock

I popped down to the show yesterday and thanks to all for all their patient explanations and words of advise to someone looking to join your sport. It was a great show and I'm gonna get onto the water as soon as possible!

One thing I forgot to ask was if anyone could recommend a good course run down here in east/south Devon for a total beginner with no gear (yet)?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
I popped down to the show yesterday and thanks to all for all their patient explanations and words of advise to someone looking to join your sport. It was a great show and I'm gonna get onto the water as soon as possible!

One thing I forgot to ask was if anyone could recommend a good course run down here in east/south Devon for a total beginner with no gear (yet)?

Thanks in advance

Hi Manrock,

I am not aware of any Kayak Fishing courses but the Kayak center on Exeter Quayside will have information on local training or try the Brtish Canoe Union who will no doubt have some information for you in this area.

When you get you Yak I am sure if you give a shout to local yak anglers to join a trip out you will be welcome.

ChrisW

(from Exeter)

Thanks for the advise guys.

I've contacted Ben at A&S Watersports and will get on a course asap.

I spoke to A&S today about buying a yak and giving some locals a shout out on here when I'm ready to take to the water. So watch out and thanks for all the help!

Cheers

Steve