Knighthoods

Ken L

Wogan gets a knighthood. Geldoff got a Knighthood.

Both are Irish but as I recall the reason for the wonderfull Spike Milligan never being knighted was his Irish nationality.

What's going on ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Both Wogan and Geldof only have honorary knighthoods, the fact that "Sir Bob" is called Sir Bob is the fault of the British media, neither he nor TW are entitled to call thmeselves Sir.

The correct form of address is:- Robert Geldof KBE

wasent spike indian

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

not a sheik then, plenty of turbanless indians i'm sure :D

although somewhere in the "Q" series i bet he did :P

[ 11. June 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

He got into a lot of trouble over the sketch when he had a Darlek in a Turban blasting eveything in sight and screeming "Put it in the curry".

As I recall, his responce was something along the lines of "I was born and raised in India and I think that I know indians well enough to take the pi55"

I think he was over there until he was 17 or 18, after which he joined the Army.

Not sure whether there was some problem with granting UK citizensip but I do know that he applied for and got Irish citizenship after the war and never re-applied in the UK - hence the problems with the gong.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Spike was a v funny man. Seen him on stage at the Newcastle City Hall back in my youth

He is even funny in death,his headstone is anyway"I told you I was feeling unwell"

Nice one Spike :):)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Ken L:

He got into a lot of trouble over the sketch when he had a Darlek in a Turban blasting eveything in sight and screeming "Put it in the curry".

As I recall, his responce was something along the lines of "I was born and raised in India and I think that I know indians well enough to take the pi55"

I think he was over there until he was 17 or 18, after which he joined the Army.

Not sure whether there was some problem with granting UK citizensip but I do know that he applied for and got Irish citizenship after the war and never re-applied in the UK - hence the problems with the gong.

In his biography written by his secretary, they mentioned his disgust with the British over their refusal to grant him British citizenship. Spike himself wrote a lot about it too. It was something that justifiably wrankled with him all his life.

I met him twice, and on both occasions he was superb, especially with the youngsters.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine