A few pics from my new FZ38

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil
Sorry Phil,

Didn't mean to come across as picky!

Janet :oops:

I was only ribbing you Janet hence the lol at the end...........I like the critical comment to be honest, after all its what will help me improve. Keep the critique coming please! :)

Phil,

Knowing the results I've had recently, I think you'd be best looking for another photo hosting site, rather than Photobucket.

I've had real problems with it recently...shots that look very sharp on my PC appear very fuzzy round the edges once posted on AN. I suspect that your pictures are actually a lot sharper than they appear...I also tend to crop quite a bit (one day I'll learn to get it right first time!) I think it takes quite a bit of experience to develop that "eye", but you appear to be getting some excellent results from your new camera, and you're obviously enjoying it, which is really what it's all about.

Personally I've changed to using Flickr....it seems that when I upload a picture from there then it stays much sharper.

I'm sure I've covered this topic before, but it is still a major issue for me.

Janet

Edited by Janet

• 2 weeks later...
Must say i'm very very impressed with the new lumix FZ38. Only used it so far on its intelligent auto setting but happy with the results so far. I suffer very shaky hands so my old camera was often set on sport mode to keep the shutter speeds up and sunset shots or any other evening shots were a no no unless I had something like a gatepost etc to sit the camera on. Thats all changed now though!! The shot of the two blue boats for example was at 36mm zoom, ISO 400, F3.7 and get this ...... 1/10th of a second shutter speed :) To give you an idea of how dark it actually was, the sky shot with the tree in it was taken just moments later. Well pleased! :)

Right, gonna post this up now as my browser has its panties up in a bunch today and then i'll see if I can manage to link a few pics......

P1000176.jpg

P1000247.jpg

P1000261.jpg

P1000264.jpg

P1000285crop.jpg

P1000293crop.jpg

P1000297.jpg

Hi i recently brought the Panasonic Lumiz FZ38 and am having issues with sorting out the settings iv noticed in most of the photographs there is abit of noise iv tryed sorting out the ISO and the contrast and the sharpness ect but nothing seems to work, If any one could help it would be gratefully appreciated Regards Karl

I think Sutton Warrior had a post somewhere for shaky hands, a chain on a screw into the tripod hole and stand on the bottom and tighten up. something like that

Cheers Fred

It was a bolt the same thread as in the camera base, tie some string to it and tie a large washer to the other end, (string needs to be correct length), stand on washer and pull string tight. Not my idea, it was a recommendation but I cant remember who???

I've a better one now, at that time, the steady was for Hazel . . . I'm suffering a little these days with camera shake, so I use a 'Walking Pod', a mono pod that looks like and is as light as a walking stick or a hiking pole, unscrew the top and screw on the camera, lengthen the stick by a half twist, brilliant tool. Hazel is using one at waist height with a Canon A640 which has a swivel screen, its like using a large format or Box Brownie. I use it as normal, with my D80 or these days preferring the lightness of our D40X, 18-70 combination, stops any hand shake!

They are listed on fleBay, about £12 upwards.

SW

Guest Brumagem Phil

Spent a day with the kids and OH at Blickling Hall yesterday and took a few pics. Sadly photography inside is not allowed but here are one or two from outside. Been working on my framing (and horizons janet lol)....hope you can see some improvement. If not then tell me where I'm still failing.

I've decided not to crop so much either to force me to think more so these are straight off the camera, with no alterations at all.

Thanks for looking.

4058889816_85943ed061_b.jpg

4058143367_4ec456d637_b.jpg

4058138273_c11711f4f0_b.jpg

4058127607_3f26e9a232_b.jpg

4058132293_07bbff1166_b.jpg

4058121299_5cae5c6df2_b.jpg

4058116931_9f2c491861_b.jpg

4058852742_1cebb3eaba_b.jpg

4058847104_180e5bc684_b.jpg

4058100487_551b68c54b_b.jpg

Edited by Brumagem Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Phil,

Knowing the results I've had recently, I think you'd be best looking for another photo hosting site, rather than Photobucket.

I've had real problems with it recently...shots that look very sharp on my PC appear very fuzzy round the edges once posted on AN. I suspect that your pictures are actually a lot sharper than they appear...I also tend to crop quite a bit (one day I'll learn to get it right first time!) I think it takes quite a bit of experience to develop that "eye", but you appear to be getting some excellent results from your new camera, and you're obviously enjoying it, which is really what it's all about.

Personally I've changed to using Flickr....it seems that when I upload a picture from there then it stays much sharper.

I'm sure I've covered this topic before, but it is still a major issue for me.

Janet

Hi Janet, can you explain to me how you upload from flickr.

I had a look and can't seem to find any image tags thingies ( excuse the technical terms ) to use to upload.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Hi Fred,

Here's how I do it...

Click on the picture you want to upload to open it up.

Select "All Sizes" from the list of options along the top of the image.

Look at the "Available Sizes" and click on the one you want to upload.

Scroll down the page and you'll find a box with the URL in.

From there, simply cut and paste into your AN post.

Hope I've explained that OK!

Janet