Float Tubing first report

blindog

Had a wee shot at float tubing at the weekend for the first time,It was brilliant fun although hard work getting used to paddling in the right direction at times,started of from an old boat house and headed out about 40 ft as it was quite shallow and weedy close in,two casts and my first pike on a tube .

IMG_1519.jpg

Caught on a small mepps,10 mins later my first ever Perch,

001-3.jpg

After a few more small perch and wee Jack Pike we worked our way down the loch (loch was about 1mile long).lots of nice weedy bays and deeper wate drop offs ,Lots of wee Perch and pike.

005-2.jpg

Lost one decent Perch at the Tube then hooked into a nice Pike which towed me about for a few miutes before it went into a weed bed,took abit of work but i managed to get it out and land it

,never weighed it but probably 7/8 lb.

IMG_1525.jpg

Weather was realy good with sun off and on and no wind,very mist early on.

IMG_1517.jpg

Great day out but after lunch the wind picked up and we gave up as by this time my wee legs were starting to cramp up

Loch was north of Inverness on the Ullapool road cant rmember the name.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Blindog that looks great fun :D there used to be a guy who used one on the Thames and although he took a bit of stick from the guys in boats waiting to launch as he waddled off from the slipway looking like Jacques Cousteau gone wrong he caught a lot of fish just jigging in the deeper water of the weir pool and i always fancied a go.

Whats the score with using one in the Lochs up there do you need permission or is it just turn up and go ?? ,Great photos and it looks a stunning place to fish ,As in your Photo small Jack pike always have eyes that seem out of proportion to there body Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Most of the Lochs are owned by Estates in that area but on this one we could not find anywhere to obtain a permit so we just went for it,most as only £10 a day but dont let you float tube it as they have boats on them mainly for Trout and Salmon ,Pike fishing is only done on one or two better known waters and the smaller ones are left pretty much alone,when you find one it can turn up some nice fish.LochX055.jpg

LochX035.jpg

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Nice one! Never got round to trying float tubing/belly boating for trout or pike but looks great fun.Friends who do it regularly for trout have always told me how close you can actually get to feeding fish without spooking them because of the low profile.

Should imagine you need to be a bit sensible re weather conditions when you try it on those bigger lochs though!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie,

If you ever try it at Wingham, can you let me know first so that I can move my bivvy back a couple of feet, please?

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE