New product that I am launching. Need advice

fruitloopy

If you pop over to THIS WEBSITE you can get a full explanation of my own product I am trying to sell.

Its called The FishQuick (because it makes your fishing quick and easy) and its an item I have been using personally for over three years now.

D1_white_desc_ebay.jpg

I am selling it on the website and on eBay but had no punters yet. Elton has allowed me to have a go at flogging it on here but I am also looking for any tips, advice, recommendations or what you think about The FishQuick.

Good idea, bad idea, etc.

If anyone from this forum would like to trial this product for me and write a review I will sell it to them for £7.50 including postage. Usual price is currently £9.99.

Its one of those items thats a bit difficult to sell because its merits are not obvious. Its something I havent even considered selling for three years because I just clip it to my belt and I know its always there when I need it. As I like to roam around on the river bank or stalking around the lakes I know I will not need to look in pockets, unzip the bag or fumble around for a disgorger or line cutter.

So...what do you think?

Cheers.

An honest question deserves an honest opinion/reply!

I have tried using a disgorger on a zinger and found the tension both inhibiting and annoying. I was glad to go back to a disgorger on a loop of line around my neck.

Try putting carps tools on a zinger, painting it cammo, doubling the price and watch the money roll in!

I really did consider that!

Putting a bait needle and boilie drill on this was a consideration but I discarded that idea when I realised that carpies never move from one spot for days at a time so they have no opportunity to lose their gear!

Now how do I paint it camo... :lol:

I think it's a good idea and for some styles of fishing (i.e. mobile) very useful. However, I think people may not want to pay that much for something they can make themselves. I hope you are successful though :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have had a pair of nail clippers attatched to a a device like yours pinned to my fishing waistcoat for many many years. it is superb for the little jobs like trimming knots & line etc. and being so accessible is ideal.

But I agree with Anderoo I think people may not want to pay that much for something they can make themselves.

NB. I think the clip is made by Ryobi and is sold for a couple of pounds and the nail clippers I get each year from christmas crackers.

Comments:

In addition to the Nail Clippers; a small Baiting Needle would be handy as long as it had a secure safety cover over the point (incase I tripped) and was of a good quality (didn't corrode), I would use a baiting needle whether I am roving or static and it would be accessible during the day or night if I'm Barbel or Carp fishing.

I would prefer the extending-cord-clip to have a good safety-pin attatchment (instead of the belt clip) so that I can attatch it to the outside of my fishing waistcoat or coat because if you are fishing in the cold or at night your belt may be inaccesible & hidden under layers of clothing which wouldn't be very handy.

I don't like the disgorger idea for the same reason as Peter said.

But best of luck with this (and any other ideas) but it would have to be a lot cheaper less expensive to be viable.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Interesting idea.

You might want to make a video of the item in use with voice over narration.

Have a look at Vzaar who specialize in adding video links to eBay listings and web site items. Their system is much better than using a U-tube link or similar.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry Fruit but this is not going to sell, and a metal disgorger?? horrible things, bin the idea mate, :huh:

Edit

Just read the 'poor' fishes mouth line on the website...c'mon think about it!! Perhaps not the best thought out comment FL, the sentiment is right but.....

Edited by Rabbit

An honest question deserves an honest opinion/reply!

I have tried using a disgorger on a zinger and found the tension both inhibiting and annoying. I was glad to go back to a disgorger on a loop of line around my neck.

Try putting carps tools on a zinger, painting it cammo, doubling the price and watch the money roll in!

I agree with Peter.

I have and use sometimes a disgorger on a zinger on the front of my chest waders and just like Peter says the tension makes it hard to use.

Also on the down side, I only paid about £2.50 for the line snips on a zinger and added a disgorger for another 50p, total £3.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep