Need some SERIOUS help!

Chris Goddard

I have a picture taken of my trailer in Lincolnshire! I have certain details I can see, I.E. a Pub (Cannot find the pub!) and a road, Boston Road (Which again cannot find on a Google search! BUT and this is the HARD bit! IF I can find the road name in the picture at the far side of the road outside the pub????

ALL answers gratefully received! AND responded to! :-)

I have tried all my own picture thingies and no good! I was told acdeesee MAY do it but cannot find an older version?! Well at least that is what I was told! But no idea of course what is being said!

PLEASE help.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Yup..a photo would help. But in the meantime with the meagre info supplied... http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=boston+ro...%20lincolnshire

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Hi Guys, sorry for delay getting back been a bit busy with sorting a funeral! Couldn't post a pic as resolution would have been crud! But I actually thing Steve has sussed it first go!! The other road Steve on your first entry is EAUDIKE road!! THAT is the road I can't blooming see!! You little darling you!!! I'll see if I can glean the knowledge I need from that and let you all know! (If that is OK?)

BUGGER!! Thought you had it Steve! But the house/Pub are not on there! If anyone wants to have a go at the picture? I HOPE I have the link!!

http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/A...ent=trailer.jpg

Yes that seems to be OK? RIGHT, Boston road is to the left of picture and is very clear! The road in question is opposite and outside the pub!? The PUB I cannot find either!! And there is a Road sign but don't know if that will come good either?

Thanks people I do appreciate this!

EDIT:

Just found this!

http://www.wheresbest.co.uk/venue/107543/The-Wheatsheaf/

And this

http://www.echogofind.co.uk/lincoln/public..._Wheatsheaf.php

So this means that the road signs are wrong??!!

Now contacted the PUB as in the listing and the landlord says he is not it seems THAT Wheatsheaf??? Certainly NO Boston road opposite and no chap who races Tractors who owns a jack russel dog lives opposite??!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The Boston Road shown in your photo will end up in Boston but it's shown on my map as Spilsby road, both North and South of the crossroads. South towards Boston it soon becomes Hunstan Lane.

The road that goes West from the crossroads is Fodderdyke Bank, going East from the crossroads is Station road.

The service road that the pub stands in alongside the North bank of the drain is called Drainside.

Looking at aerial photos the pub doesn't appear to have any of the trappings normally associated with a pub.

N766AHP is registered to a Land Rover Discovery Tdi (Estate)

Guest Brumagem Phil

A fascinating thread but i'm sure I must be missing something from a previous thead perhaps as I have no idea why you want to know where this trailer is??

A fascinating thread but i'm sure I must be missing something from a previous thead perhaps as I have no idea why you want to know where this trailer is??

Well as Chris keeps on about the PUB then I think the answer just might be in some way linked to it. :P:D

Chris have you tried Google Earth?

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys! Sorry for the delay in replying! Glad to keep you happy anyway.

Right I have been busy sorting out the estate of the Father in Law back in the UK! And the mystery was solved by looking at Estate agents in the area!! Seems the road that caused ALL the bother is know locally as one name and on ALL maps is a different name! But a call to the local post office solved it all! best thing is I spoke to the guy at the (Closed) pub and he denied living there, yet he most certainly does according to the lady at the (closed) post office!

Anyway the trailer is now being sorted after obtaining two bearings at a cost of £30!! NOW I need to ask for help again about a Camera!!...........

Chris Goddard