I've only gone and broke my reel

rourke7719

I've only gone and dropped my reel :wallbash:

One of the arms the fixes it to the rod has broke off.

I am going to try get hold of a new part but just in case I can't has anyone got any good repair solutions for it?

Looks like you've killed it. Repair of the existing body isnt really an option.

You could try to source a new body from the manufacturer but, it's going to be expensive and require a lot of work to do a full re-build.

You could buy a knew one and keep yours for spares but to be honest, it it's gone once, you have to ask yourself whether you want to throw good money after bad by buying another one.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've only gone and dropped my reel :wallbash:

One of the arms the fixes it to the rod has broke off.

I am going to try get hold of a new part but just in case I can't has anyone got any good repair solutions for it?

When you say "one of the arms", do you mean that part of the reel 'foot' has broken off?

If so which part, the front or back?

I'm assuming that it is a fixed spool reel.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Could you give us the reel model, I or someone may have an old reel about fit for spares, you never know.

Or you can pick old reels fit as spares only, on Ebay, I have in the past

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

When you say "one of the arms", do you mean that part of the reel 'foot' has broken off?

If so which part, the front or back?

I'm assuming that it is a fixed spool reel.

John.

Yeah, it was the rear arm of the reel seat. Probably could have worded that better. I've been on to the manufacturer and they said they would look into it for me but I'm not really expecting anything.

I was thinking it might end up being a right off but I did like the reel - even though it was a cheap one - and I was just hoping there might be a simple solution that I may not of thought about.

i know replacing things can be a pain especially on a budget but it may be worth getting a new reel rather than fixing your old one and have it break or fail on you when you have got a decent fish, on and then having to buy a new one anyway

i know replacing things can be a pain especially on a budget but it may be worth getting a new reel rather than fixing your old one and have it break or fail on you when you have got a decent fish, on and then having to buy a new one anyway

This reel is actually one of about 8 or 9 in my collection that I use. I was only a bit disappointed as it was one of my favorites and would have liked to continue using it. A new one identical to it would only be about 20 - 25 quid and thats not an issue for me and I have plenty others to keep me going.

Could you give us the reel model, I or someone may have an old reel about fit for spares, you never know.

Its a MAP CFS reel, not sure of the model number as I don't have it with me at the moment. Like I said its only a cheap one.

You could buy a knew one and keep yours for spares but to be honest, it it's gone once, you have to ask yourself whether you want to throw good money after bad by buying another one.

Is it actually a good reel, the reason it broke was because I was carrying my rod along a dam wall and it had the old style reel seat that was just 2 rings you slide along the handle to lock the reel, anyway the rings had worked loose and the reel fell about 8 feet onto solid concrete, I would expect even a £100 plus reel to break after that.

Edited by rourke7719

I think your most likely right mate! Im not familiar with the model,is the body metal or plastic?

its a metal body, I actually got it with a subscription offer on angling times advanced about 3 or 4 years ago.