Fox getting in on the Centrepin market

lutra

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks to me as if it is the same as the youngs version apart from changing the holes to slots.

http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/tackleshopcouk.../si3487792/cl1/

They certainly look very similar don't they, but as well as the holes to slots thing there's a 4.5" to 5" size thing going on as well.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

might not have a grub screw as its a bearings reel ,i wouldn`t be suprized it was youngs who was making it , looks nice though ,too open for my liking ,but great size

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

might not have a grub screw as its a bearings reel

True, but most of today’s Youngs range have both bearings and a grub screw. Never really understood why although it does mean that they spin freely in any plane.

RRP £299.00 Acorn Angling, Didcot (01235 816132) will do one for £275.00 if you’re tempted. He doesn’t hold them in stock but apparently they’ve been available since April.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That open back looks like it will let in too much muck in the winter and will cause problems and the handles are far too close to the rim heaven help your knuckles if they should stray a tad too close during a cast!!

Pretty it may be but not made as an everyday workhorse.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Looks to me as if it is the same as the youngs version apart from changing the holes to slots.

http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/tackleshopcouk.../si3487792/cl1/

True, but most of today’s Youngs range have both bearings and a grub screw. Never really understood why although it does mean that they spin freely in any plane.

RRP £299.00 Acorn Angling, Didcot (01235 816132) will do one for £275.00 if you’re tempted. He doesn’t hold them in stock but apparently they’ve been available since April.

The TackleShop link above is selling them for under £250 Rusty, even more savings.

James P

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

Just bought one of these http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/fishin...r/0/okuma/9172/

Thats it i have bought another one is there any hope or is this the start of the slippery slope .............

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The TackleShop link above is selling them for under £250 Rusty, even more savings.

James P

Sincere thanks (from the bottom of my wallet) for pointing that out James :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back