Internet explorer problems

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil
Bit odd. If you are being prompted to log in again, it is likely that the website is failing to keep track of your session. Often, the way that websites maintain session information is through cookies in the browser, hence me wondering whether they had been turned off.

On this page, do tools/page info then go to security and then cookies. Can you see lots of cookies for anglers net?

Yep, loads of em.

It seems to have resolved itself again and all is well but I just know this is going to be an ongoing intermittent problem.

Doesn't happen on the wired PC downstairs, just the lappy on wifi. Only a recent problem too, I've never suffered with this before.

The wifi isn't secure though (need to do that really) but don't think that is an issue.

I have recently been getting an error telling me a service has stopped and the internet goes dead slow till i've rebooted the browser. It doesn't say which service though and it doesn't tally with when this problem occurs although its possible they are linked I guess. Today, sometime after all the problems started I did get a message telling me DNS client service had stopped but when I checked the services it was reported as running with an auto start.

I'm wondering if an update has messed something up. The machine did install IE8 (i think) the other day.

All very odd.

"...check it when the kids are not on it later..."

There's your problem!

My eleven year old daughter can hit the OK box on warning pop-ups faster than I can read them :D

She won't be getting an account on my new laptop. The desktop can continue degenerating into a mass of adware and junk!

I'm having problems with Firefox at the moment too.

Pages that used to load with no problem keep coming up with a message to say that I need to have Javascript enabled in my browser....but it is enabled, with all the boxes ticked. I have to switch to IE to view the pages.

Any ideas anyone?

Janet

Edited by Janet

Guest Brumagem Phil
I'm having problems with Firefox at the moment too.

Pages that used to load with no problem keep coming up with a message to say that I need to have Javascript enabled in my browser....but it is enabled, with all the boxes ticked. I have to switch to IE to view the pages.

Any ideas anyone?

Jane

What version of firefox are you running?

I'm sure i've read something about this while trawling for answers to my problem.

I have no idea...how do I find out?

Janet

At the top task bar in Firefox ..... Help >>> About Mozilla Firefox

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Is that it?

Janet

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Thats the one you want Janet , now just wait for the lads to help you out.

Hope things work out for you. :)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Thats the one you want Janet , now just wait for the lads to help you out.

Hope things work out for you. :)

Its late and had a good drink as drowning my sorrows now tesco have pulled the rug on their coupon policy ***howls quietly into a kleenex*** so I'll take a look at this tomorrow for you.

Janet:

If you still have "NoScript" running on Firefox you do sometimes have to allow pages, right click anywhere on the page and set up accordingly.