The things you see

RUDD

In all my years Angling I have seen a few sights or witnessed a thing or two either on bank or beach.

Last winter I watched a Fox running across Felixstowe Manor beach eating all the anglers left over scraps/bait and on the same night saw a couple full at it in full, view in the car park (nothing new for Felixstowe sea front areas there then!!!!)

I have encounterd drunks, drugs addicticts, Illegal immigrants, bikes, scooters, armed robbers, dogs, foxes, deer, antis and a Policeman who sat in my beach shelter for a crafty smoke (he did later carry some of my gear for me).

Last night just as I packed up a youngman walked passed (down the shingle towards the sea) disgarding his personal items and clothing whilst on the phone.

He walked straight into the Sea and was up to his neck at the end of a groin before he knew it.

I walked aong the groin and had to drag him back. Once back in a safe depth he handed me his phone - on the other end the Police had a quick chat and assured me a local patrol was on the way.

I convinced the guy to put on my Sundridge heavy weight suit until the poilce arrived (20 mins later)

Whilst waiting he gave me his story and admitted he was suicidal.

Lucky for him there was bugger all tide and its was well down on the Ebb with enough swell to scare an ant last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was that bad that I only managed two Whiting during my session and missed a bite that had the Rod on the floor and my tripod in a heap.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Steve Coppolo had an incident with a suicidal woman at Felixstowe a while back. I used to live there.....it ain't that bad!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I guess the moral is "never a dull day at the beach :o:D ".

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

A friend of mine had a similar experience with a suicidal man. The sad thing was he was fishing on top of a 400 foot cliff at the time. Makes me feel sad to think what a person must be going through to feel that bad. You did a good job mate, I hope the person gets themselves sorted out and one day they may thank you.

Ive never been to feelixstowe.

A friend of mine had a similar experience with a suicidal man

I spent time in East Anglia .....

and I'm sure it happens frequently.

I was at peace with 2 smuts and a bream under moonlight tonight ...

HAYLINGMOONLIGHT.jpg

watching the sheeps coming and going through The Solent.

Bruddy lovely .....

no suicides here ...

the main problem we have at Hayling is that there are no Police; so we have to keep ourselves in check!

:)

we went on a "run" there in the 70's they imported pompey coppers to evict us even then :D

farham cop shop (one i often used for their pouched egg on toast breakfasts ;) ) is now part time crime ends at 5 pm i think :rolleyes:

we once saw a chap in a sinking dingy once screaming for help as he went round copt point ,we waved back no mobiles back then so nothing we could do ,we didnt find any goodies on the shore the next day so presumed he was ok?

on a brighton run a loonie jumped of the pier head first into a receding wave and did himself a mischief in an inch of water ,broke his neck we heard on the return i wonder what happened to his scooter?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson