DAGGER FIESTA KAYAK

Chub Frenzy

• 3 months later...
I have looked at the Fiesta Dagger Kayak and like what i see want a kayak for river, and sea,maybe a bit of surf, I will also fish from it. Any other sugestions would be good.

Very late response to this and so if you have got yourself sorted out then ignre this post.....Dagger Fiesta...don't bother unless all you want to do is a slow paddle along a canal, lake or river (slow moving). Very little storage on them as well.

I would suggest that if you want an allrounder then look at the Dagger Approach, I use one for general kayking, coaching and some fishing and have mine equiped with rod holders etc.

Mine is the Expedition model, but the colour and other stuff I have done as a special order, though now you can order a Dagger Approach with the fishing parts equipped on the boat.

post-18725-1264774105_thumb.jpg

Thats a sit in version of a yak but most if not all of the yakkers in this part of the world use sit on top yaks, obviously a lot more bouyant as they hold air with sealed hatch's but the downside to them is you're higher off the water line

The other kayak i have seen is the ocean frenzy......

Is this any good for sea and river fishing (some surf but not essential)

If this is not good then plz tell me what is..

Thanks

OK the Ocean Frenzy is a different type / style to the Dagger Fiesta / Approach. This is a "SOT" sit on top which most anglers use as they have more open space etc and are a more stable platform from which to fish.

My best advice at this time without talking directly to you would be:

If fishing is the priority then look at a more suitible kayak for your needs - Ocean Frenzy is more lesiure based.

Go to a local retailer of fishing kayaks - contcta me with your home town and I will give you a few options

Make sure that you try out a few for sizing as the Ocean Frenzy is a bit small for me - I can play around in it but to fish or do longer trips - no chance.

Bottom line is that there are a multitude of options - it all depends on your needs and means (price/budget)

Whatever you do make sure that you get some instruction - you are entering a potentially dangerous sport theme.....

Have met another 6 people this last weekend that have had near death experiences in / on kayaks, all now experineced but wished they had spent the money on getting the right initial training.

Happy hunting