do i need a bite alarm ?

mike1234

next time i am in the tackle shop i will buy some braid for the spare spool and hopefully it will sort everything out,

as the majority of my fishing is done using a float and thats what i am used to i think i will look into a polaris float too, :)

Fishing over bars is something to try and avoid. You have seen the problem of bite detection but far worse is losing fish when the line catches a rock in the shallower water. Do a bit of "surveying" and draw a map, then see if you can find somewhere better to sit!

Fishing over bars is something to try and avoid. You have seen the problem of bite detection but far worse is losing fish when the line catches a rock in the shallower water. Do a bit of "surveying" and draw a map, then see if you can find somewhere better to sit!

the bars seem to be close in and the lake is quiet deep so by the time the hooked fish reaches them its usually high enough in the water to go over them, the problem is detecting the bites in the first place to get to that stage

i am not the best artist but i have done a drawing to sort of demonstrate my problem,

untitled_9.jpg