PROVEN - we are no longer a Christian nation

kleinboet

Guest Brumagem Phil
Supportive, maybe, but as long as you are part of their group, this woman had the same group do nothing to help her plight when she was being abused , and now want to frighten her to come back to them , no good whatsoever as far as I can see Phil, just manipulation. All that 'niceness' etc is a front to trap you...pure evil more like.

As usual rabbit you seem to miss the point by a country mile. Some catholic vicars have been shown to abuse little boys, but that doesn't mean the catholic church is inherent debauched (although that would make for a lively debate i'm sure!!).

As you can imagine when I 'rebelled' and don't want too much to do with the church, I was of course shown the 'error of my ways' but always in a nice way.

I was only occasional whipped, beaten and immersed in baths of ice water......don't you dare tell me it wasn't for my own good! ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only occasional whipped, beaten and immersed in baths of ice water......don't you dare tell me it wasn't for my own good! ;)

Some people pay good money for that kind of thing.

So, will you be standing for FiA president against Todt and Vatanen? ;)

Guest Rabbit
As usual rabbit you seem to miss the point by a country mile. Some catholic vicars have been shown to abuse little boys, but that doesn't mean the catholic church is inherent debauched (although that would make for a lively debate i'm sure!!).

As you can imagine when I 'rebelled' and don't want too much to do with the church, I was of course shown the 'error of my ways' but always in a nice way.

No I have not missed the point at all, the toddler into a young woman was systematically abused by a member of the church that no seek to add further misery on her for wanting to leave, that is a view that seems to be with the majority of the Jehova's at her local 'church', hardly a christian stance. The fact that Catholic preists do systematically abuse children and have done for many years, and the fact that the Vatican did it's utmost to cover up, perhaps to use your term the Catholic Church is is Debauched.

The Catholisism and all it's dogma and fear promoting clap trap ie Purgatry/ Hell for one ruined my mother in laws life, she was so fearful of going to 'Hell' it was pitiful, 50 Hail Marys's before bed was never enough.

Point made and ...bullseye :)

When in Rome..........

If you want to follow a foreign religion then follow it...............just don't try and force it upon indigenous peoples that have no interest or desire.......

we are not in Rome, Palestine, Israel, etc. etc.

When I have been to foreign countries, whether for work or play I have respected their political/religious 'rules' if one comes to the UK , then, one should be expected to do the same. Respect the Oak and the Yew and Mistletoe, the rising of the sun, moon, tides etc.

Yours, exceedingly pi55ed off with the same old carp

Angry Worms from Herefordshire. B)

p.s You might not be British, (imported expat with an axe to grind) KB but I am and your racist, sexist everything elsist posts make me want to puke.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Respect the Oak and the Yew and Mistletoe, the rising of the sun, moon, tides etc.

That works for me. :)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Well, at least most British neo-pagans tend to keep themselves to themselves and don't come knocking on your door, trying to convert you.

The various groups represent the ultimate in DIY theology - lacking any real historical evidence for most of their rituals and beliefs, they have a grand old time cobbling together bits and pieces from all over the globe. Any annoying gaps get filled in with stuff they just make up.

So not really any more "British" than all the other options.

Think I'll stick with "Religion: None".

:)

Well I dont know about anybody else but in the "religion" box I now always put Piscatorial Pilgrim it sure brings any conversation to a stop. :lol:

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

It's been interesting looking back over this thread, I genuinely haven't seen one post agreeing with the propostion posited by Kleinboet.

I assume that this is another of those threads where the majority are completely and utterly wrong because Kleinboet seems to be pathologically incapable of being so. Certainly we're unlikely to see any backing down from the position he's taken if his previous modus operandus is anything to go by.

It looks as if there's a bit of a credibility deficit there.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Still not making any sense after all these years :yawn:

my reply was simple ,it seems only your posts even when full of utter rubbish and hearsay are suddenly the only post you appear to think is valid but mine for example said in slight jest but with experience and more importantly not mere hearsay (soap ,soot and in fact bleach often was used by my mum when ridiculing her strange obsession god existed) hence my remark she may have had a jehovas witness ilk .

yours on the other hand was mere hearsay ,did you see the girl being "mistreated" ? probably not :rolleyes:

perhaps your "abused" friend craves attention thus embroiders what really happened or perhaps fabricated the whole thing ,you cant say the social services got involved they probably didnt tell you and if you didnt witness it is hearsay old boy

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson