why coarse fishing?

tonyx5610

tonyx5610:

to newt if u read my last statement it was in response to mpbdsnu in his reply he said why bother asking

I said:.....

"Why bother asking, if you cannot be bothered to follow up by justifying such a question?"

....because 2 full days had passed without you responding to 20 different replies to your question! :rolleyes:

I often wonder why another angler may choose a certain method, but do not ask for fear of it being taken wrongly, but I'll tell you what - if I did ask, I'd choose my words very carefully so that posters did'nt think I was taking the p**s.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tonyx5610:

in reply to nugg ive caught a lot of fish salmon to 18lb on 4 lb linedouble figure cod of the shore,not to mention a lot of other species. so to say i dont catch fish is an insult to not only my intelligenge but also yours because i think you are judging me by your standards,

Tony.

Firstly let me point out that my post ended with two winking smiley's, slightly tongue in cheek.

Your question implied, and still does, that you have not done this style of fishing, hence, I suppose your question. You have caught fish, rather luckily in the case of an 18lb Salmon on 4lb line, plus sea fish, all of which I suspect you took from the water, and why not as they would make good eating.

Coarse fish, in the main, of any size do not make good fayre, and so are returned, so what. The pleasure/fun is in the tactics/method used to catch such fish, big or small, and if you had experienced this, your question would have been answered by yourself, before being asked.

"an insult to not only my intelligenge"

Exactly where you get this from, I fail to see,

"but also yours"

Maybe as you say, I am not too bright.

"i think you are judging me by your standards,"

Now you have got me thinking. Just what are my standards???? :):):D:D

[ 18. April 2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

The reason why we go coarse fishing is that the fish are plentliful and spread evenly across the country, Sea fishing in my experience is less reliable as a sport due to there being less fish in the sea than ever before. (Sea matches on the east coast are often won with a small flounder). Game fishing is expensive and not easly available. anyway that is my feeling.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Tonys question is very similar to one I am often asked.People cant understand how I can enjoy catching small fish after having caught big fish.A fair question and one I think answered by many of the above replies.Couldnt and wouldnt want to fish for small fish every day and always drift back to catching/fishing for bigger fish but still enjoy doing it.In a lot of cases there is much more skill involved in putting together a large weight of small fish than catching a large fish.The element of luck being a lot lower.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I enjoy my fishing no matter which size of fish I catch,or what type.I do not fish light in coarse terms in case I hook a biggie ,but do catch lots of small fish on 12s 10s hooks 4lb straight through. When the biggie does oblige I am quite happy to catch it also ....rob :):)

when you think you know everything think again....